Studer 089 Console - what should I do with it?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junction

I have an old Studer 089 12 x 2 console, lots of transformers and classic eq,. I already have three other consoles so this is kinda just hanging around collecting dust. Not sure what I should do with it. I've seen one in another studio used for mastering. Any suggestions on what use it is best suited for? Should I strip it down and rack it up for some channels strips? Any ideas?

Michael

I think you should sell it and buy something usefull with the money. If you have to ask, you probably have no real use for it.
But don't buy a protools or something that will lose its value in the next 5 years.

mylesgm said:
or keep it in australi and sell it to me...

M
yes it will stay here in Oz, but have decided to keep it ... I now have a bunch of active line drivers and broadcast quality audio transformers, so with these I'm in the process planning to implement line outs on each channel strip. This is going to do very nicely as a tracking console in my new studio early next year.
Michael

Latest posts

Back