like paypal but NOT paypal

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh

Hey everyone.  I'm selling some items in another post.  I have been butting heads with Paypal and their monpolous greed that results in not caring in the slightest about customers because quite simply, they dont have to when it appears obvious that we as a consumer need them a hell of a lot more then they need us.

Do any of you know of a similar service that accepts overseas payments?
I signed up for the amazon payments service but to my recent dismal discovery, they don't accept international payments.

Is they anyone else out there?
I would so much rather sell my beloved equipment to you fellows than some ebay :( user

Hmph. Sounds familiar...and is rather humorous considering the ironic name..."Paypal".

International money orders, bank transfers, Western Union, cash via registered mail.  All have worked for me. 

There's Moneybookers, they usually present charges to the buyer instead of the seller, although I think this is adjustable.

I used it once, when I bought an item from an insistent seller, before I really knew how the charges worked.

Worth a look perhaps, YMMV and all that ....

I think Google has something.
Not sure it's better though. See guavatone's thread in the White market, he uses it.

EDIT: copied from there:
Google Checkout:
Google Checkout will have 3.6% added to the total for Google Checkout fees

Paying Invoices
Google Checkout Invoices
Sellers are able to request Google Checkout payments via email invoices -- to pay for a purchase, click Pay now through Google Checkout in the body of the email. Please keep in mind that a legitimate payment request will take you to an encrypted site, with URL https://checkout.google.com. We will only ask you to complete a purchase after you have securely signed in to your account.
Create an Account and Pay
If you've never used Google Checkout to make a purchase, you'll be prompted to create an account after you click the Pay now through Google Checkout link. Just fill in your information on the left side of the page to start using Google Checkout.
Pay with an Existing Account
If you already have a Google Checkout account, simply complete the purchase by signing in with your username and password after you click the Pay now through Google Checkout link in your email invoice.

Credit/Debit Cards
You can make purchases with U.S. sellers offering Google Checkout using any credit, debit, or gift card with the following logos:
   •   Visa
   •   MasterCard
   •   American Express
   •   Discover
If you're shopping with a U.K. seller, you can use:
   •   Visa
   •   Visa Electron
   •   MasterCard
   •   Solo
   •   U.K. Maestro

Latest posts

Back