transformer winding jig pulls into the bay

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The handle is on the right. If you are right handed try to hold the wire with your left. To me it feels very awkward and weird.
To wind coils use lathe. More expensive, but can do many other things, as well.

I while back a friend suggested I try something like this for winding transformers... seems a little expensive but I never really checked for cheaper units. But no hand cranking required. What do you think?

http://www.fishing-catalog.com/line_winder/cyclone.htm

Crazy?

-ChuckD

[quote author="Marik"]The handle is on the right. If you are right handed try to hold the wire with your left. To me it feels very awkward and weird.
To wind coils use lathe. More expensive, but can do many other things, as well.[/quote]

No problem...just go around to the other side! :grin:

Shane

[quote author="Category 5"][quote author="Marik"]The handle is on the right. If you are right handed try to hold the wire with your left. To me it feels very awkward and weird.
To wind coils use lathe. More expensive, but can do many other things, as well.[/quote]

No problem...just go around to the other side! :grin:

Shane[/quote]

...and jump every time whenever you want to see a turns counter--not good to lose momentum and wire "feel".
If you are imaginative, you could probably use two mirrors or something to see it, but IMO lathe to me looks much better, and no need to turn this thing like crazy.

Latest posts

Back