Tat: Second chance? Bring him back? Let the ban stand?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Tat be let back on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think this poll is a good idea..
The interesting thing, IMO, would be to have him talk publicly, here in the forum, with people upset by his actions.

probably a very bad idea.  the discussion topic was locked.  Very inflammatory topic. 

Yes I remember,
But he left the discussion many posts before the locking.
This was a great mistake from his part.
And so, I think its still lacks something like Tat answering to the clear-to-understand accusations moved to him.
If he dont want to go this route, then and only then its fair to have him banned, I think.

I'm very uncomfortable with the amount of friction which something like this is bound to cause...

I must say right away that I have no power to ban. However, I completely back Ethan in this case.

For Tat, I think it became a 'final straw'. This is almost certainly NOT a case of being banned for a single oversight or infringement, and it may be oversimplifying to characterize it as such.

Rather, I believe that there have been TOO many people who have felt that Tat hasn't been playing from a straight deck, and ...let's not overlook this... the eventual REASON why the White and Black markets were separated IN THE FIRST PLACE was because of the uproar over the EXTENT of Tat's 'undeclared' profit-based operation causing some friction amongst other users.

Given that fact, I find the notion that he somehow 'overlooked' the rules a little difficult to accept.

And for those playing at home without a guide,

"Tat" = Purusha,
"White Market" = halfway down this page.

Keith

I don't think its reasonable to start a thread like this about such topics.

It's a 'personal' thing between Tat and the forum...that's where it should end.

so whos gonna win in Rome tomorrow?

I recon the utd, but as a wycombe wanderer's fan i am clueless about fitba

Iain

I've dealt with Tat a couple of times, he always delivered the goods, with the desired quality at the right price, and stuck to quoted time frames, or kept me updated.

In my opinion he is an asset to the DIY community, I have not found anyone else offering a comparable service. (Yet)

Ripping off company logos is not cool, was it specifically against forums rules? (not sure myself) If it was, then he broke the rules.
If he broke to rules by posting on the white market, then personally I would explain the rules to him before banning him since he offers a good service, also english is not his first language, could of been a simple misunderstanding.

Many of the DIY projects here are clones, personally I try not to be judgmental, and assume other people share my personal opinion of 'right and wrong'

He should probably open a web shop whatever happens.

desol said:
I don't think its reasonable to start a thread like this about such topics.

It's a 'personal' thing between Tat and the forum...that's where it should end.

Am still pretty new here, but I think at the end of the day, it's Ethan's rules, Ethan decided to delete his post & ban him according to the rules he had clearly laid out. If someone is in such position they should probably contact the authorities at hand and let them decide whether they should be re-instated...

With such a black and white case I really don't understand the need for a referendum

You do realise that by starting a poll, if there is a "no" majority then you've maybe not done anything to help Tat stay a member on the baord? Maybe you had more confidence in people's opinion.

And yes, this sort of stuff just causes arguments.... and who's responsible for the most recent arguments?....

I'd say forget about it and let things take their course.

i voted dont care. but the board is not a democracy. i think ethan gets tired of babysitting forum members who cant respect the members here. its really up to him. i can ignore threads that turn bad. ethan has to deal with them.

its a slippery road Ethan has to walk, we should support him and his decisions

i-can-fly.jpg.jpeg

Ethan layed down the rules and they are not hard to understand.

Tat may now find he has over estimated his influence etc and should have read/respected the rules.

Or maybe he's just jerkin' folks around for his own reasons.

I'm behind Ethan and therefore it's his decision.

I did not vote.

Hi there, i've posted a response from Tat that he gave me on Gtalk just for you to know. Thanks

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=33758.0

1954U1 said:
I dont think this poll is a good idea..
The interesting thing, IMO, would be to have him talk publicly, here in the forum, with people upset by his actions.

No one can talk to him on this forum because of the ban...  I agree that it would be nice to see the laundry aired publicly so that we could have a clear understanding.

Why is it bad form for people to express an opinion in the Brewery?  It gives all of the members a chance to show where they stand.  It is clear that this forum belongs to the forum owners and that they have the final say, however I don't think that knowing where the members stand is going to cause them confusion.

A forum like this is a funny thing, it is owned and run privately but for the benefit of a public membership.  I think that this forum has exhibited the best qualities that we can expect from such a venture, and with a little fineness, it can continue to do so, if people are willing to be open about difficulties and put grievances aside.

Ultimately there is is simple technological solution that could have avoided the whole mess, and that would have been to not allow unmoderated posts to the White Market. It would have obviated the error and the question of whether or not it was done by mistake or by action which was meant to contravene the rules.

I think that it is generally a good idea to have a period where the rules are relaxed a little as a new system is introduced, even if the intention is to have a hard and fast rule in the long run.

If I have misjudged the nature of this forum and caused some distress by my posts on this matter then I apologize and I will be forced to admit then, that I have indeed greatly misjudged. I hope I have not.

Best to all,

Christian

rodabod said:
You do realise that by starting a poll, if there is a "no" majority then you've maybe not done anything to help Tat stay a member on the baord? Maybe you had more confidence in people's opinion.

And yes, this sort of stuff just causes arguments.... and who's responsible for the most recent arguments?....

I'd say forget about it and let things take their course.

It is not my intent to sway opinion with this thread, but rather to see where the members stand.  I like Tad's stuff personally and I've voted to have him around if possible, but if the majority feel differently that's OK.  And of course, the forum bosses have absolutely no obligation at all to pay any attention to this.

I have no interest in arguments, only opinions.

And the chips will certainly fall where they may.  Public opinion or not.

I agree 100% with all the points well explained by wtmnmf.
But I still think that before such a popular judgement, a clear and better understand of the whole issue is needed..

Anyway, this "silent" ban, and the fact that the true causes arent openly said, leaves to me a really bad taste.
I've bought some cases from Tat, just stopped btw because now I'm fine with what I have,
he has been very correct.

I fear also that the whole thing can have exceeded the not-return line, unfortunately.

1954U1 said:
Anyway, this "silent" ban, and the fact that the true causes arent openly said, leaves to me a really bad taste.

Go back and read the thread that has been locked, it's all in there including Tat "defending" his position.

Also, as I posted in one of the other multiple threads;

I find it somewhat disturbing that Tat has been resurrected by proxy.

I heard through the grapevine that Tat was going to start his own forum, I say have at it.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back