totono's was #10 NYDave

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

was at the local quicky mart grabbing an ice tea. I noticed on the cover of GQ for this month a blurb listing the top 25 pizzaria's in all of the usa. Needless to say I skimmed through that artical for a second and Totono's in Brooklyn was number 10 with the scale going lowest to highest 25-1.  Just thought you would like to know Dave.

:)

I love Totono's....  I even like the "not as good" satellite locations. I live near the Yonkers one on Tuckahoe Road which is inside a Ramada Inn.  The room looks like it was decorated in 1977 and Murph And The Magictones might start playing at any moment, but damn is that pizza good.

Anywho... Here's a link to the list...

http://nymag.com/daily/food/2009/05/richman_reconsiders_gq_pizza_ranking.html

And the original article:

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_9178

Good article.  Now I'm hungry.  Nice to see 4 Detroit-area Pizzerias made it on the list.  People think Detroit-style pizza is square with toppings under cheese, under the sauce.  While that's in keeping with Buddy's, Nikki's, and Shield's style, it's not the norm in the area.  There are so many styles of 'Za around here.  Friends that travel here on tour, or pay a visit from out of town, always remark on how good the pizza is around here.  Sure Detroit spawned crap chain pizza like Domino's and Little Caesar's, but there's probably more pizza per capita then even New York (factoring population, not sq. miles). 

Here's my list of Detroit Pizza to enjoy, if for some reason you come to this god forsaken city. 

Supino Pizzeria - Eastern Market in Detroit
Kruse & Muer - Rochester, MI
Jet's Pizza - various locations
Buddy's - various locations
Shield's - Troy, MI

The crust was "tragically thin" under the toppings?  It's all about the crust, Richman.

This guy likes a mattress crust to hold a bunch of other stuff given his #1 choice.

Next caviar run to Brighton Beach I will make a point to try Totonno's.
Mike
PS: he probably did not try Patsy's great nephew Bill Massa's coal oven pie out by us on the Island, and instead wasted a fortnight in the Southwest with taco pizzas. . .

Back