Electonic Maintenance Engineer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capitol Studios

Support of day to day operations
• Troubleshoots software and interface issues on Mac and Windows platforms.
• Participate and coordinate in the preparation for studio session.
• Interface and work professionally with Studio clients.
• Coordinate with and support the other departments within the Studios.
• Analyze, align and assure optimal performance of systems. 
Installation and fabrication
• Recommend and specify products, designs and systems to provide cost effective, reliable solutions to the studio operations.
• Integrate software and hardware components into fully functional systems.
• Assist with test procedures and documenting results to ensure software/hardware systems meet requirements. 
• Have and maintain a good understand of current studio wiring infrastructure.
• Practiced in cable assembly including crimping and soldering.
• Experienced in light metal and wood working, including fabrication of panels, interfaces and the like.
• Proficient in the safe use of light power tools.
• Have the ability to read and create documents/drawings detailing building and system construction.
• The ability to work in restrictive spaces. Including crawling, climbing ladders, reaching and lifting overhead. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and push/pull equipment up and down ramps.

Electronic systems knowledge 
• Maintain ProTools systems and plug-in management.
• Troubleshoot and repair analog and digital electronic systems to component level.
• Proficient at reading electronic schematics.
• Experienced in the use of electronic test equipment and have an understanding of current measurement techniques. 
• Comprehensive understanding of signal flow in multi-track recording consoles.
• Design experience with embedded hardware/software and C, C++ coding a plus.
• Experience with networks, LAN and WAN setup and maintenance, Microsoft Office,
• Effective problem solving.
• A good foundation in maths. Including Ohms law, power, voltage, decibels, transmission, acoustics, hexadecimal and computer math. 

Education
• BSEE degree or equivalent technical work experience in electronics and recording studios. 

Essential

• Operating Platforms - Windows 95-Vista, OS9, OSX, Linux, NT Workstation and Server
• Computer Applications–ProTools (Certified a Plus), Plugin Management, Microsoft Office

Desirable

• Reason, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer
• Networking Skills - Client Server Networks, Peer to Peer, NT Configurations and Setup, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP and various network protocols
• Computer Applications–Novell, Lotus, HTML, Adobe Photoshop

Reply with resume to [email protected].

I might be a bit thick, but I can't see any location.
Maybe you should indicate the country /city your studio is in, as I think there are several capitol studios, that would help people get a more precise idea.
cheers,
arthur.

The "big" Capitol Studios is in Los Angeles.

Yes, there should be a location listed, but the Capitol building is a landmark on the Hollywood Skyline, close to Hollywood and Vine street, so I assume they're thinking that any in-town applicant will know where they are...

...of course the out-of-town applicants won't know that though!

-but as you rightfully point out, there is a 'Capitol studios' in Paris also...

-Keith

doubleroger said:
I might be a bit thick, but I can't see any location.
Maybe you should indicate the country /city your studio is in, as I think there are several capitol studios, that would help people get a more precise idea.
cheers,
arthur.

For "The" Capitol Studios, there are no other "Capitol" Studios.

It's like asking which Elvis when talking about Elvis, and then adding "...you know, there's also Costello..."

As a side note, a couple of years ago I'd heard it on the radio that there were 28 Elvis Presleys living in Britain, three of whom actually being older than "Elvis Aaron Presley".

B.

i know a few people went out for the gig, They thought they could do the gig until they actually went to interview.  Aside from the usual meet and greet interview, Had to really know their stuff from theory to application and beyond.  I lso know the guy who got the gig as for his salary I am sure it's well beyond 35G's he has definitely does his fair share to earn it.

It's not worth it for less than 100K.  With a BSEE and that level of experience, it wouldn't be hard for someone to get that amount elsewhere if they possessed that skill set, most especially design experience with embedded hardware/software and C, C++ coding, in addition to LAN and WAN setup and maintenance.  And you know Capitol will run whoever it is ragged for the dough.

that's true. What you find is that most places now days looking for techs either require way more in terms of everything then what the tech is actually required to  do on the job at any given time. Maybe capitol is different, Maybe they actually use the C++ programing for custom applications dealing with the label or for any number of reasons. The other thing you run into is people advertising for audio techs and the job is an IT job but happens to be at a post house or any number of other audio related places.

Latest posts

Back