GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Volker,

due to a financial obligation which was not planned, I have to cancel for the first run!  :(

I hope you get your web shop up. And I plan to order later this year!

Sorry

small Update:

- PCBs are in
- XLRs are in
- Card Edge Connectors are ordered
- Cases are ordered

first two prototype 11 Slot parts are on their way to a GDIY 51X Alliance independent VIP tech / user to confirm the quality
(we will need a wall of fame ;D)

mid / end september we should have all parts in stock and start shipping

this thread needs to be locked...every time I see a new post I get excited.

Since that's not going to happen, can we get some details about the psu option(s)

Ptownkid said:
Since that's not going to happen, can we get some details about the psu option(s)
My GDIY51PSU (work in progress, subjects to be changed etc):

Top PCB:
GDIY51PSU-rev01-Top-yel.jpg

Bottom PCB:
GDIY51PSU-rev01-Bot-yel.jpg

Schematic

Stuffed:
IMG_5715.JPG

rev01 problems / to do:
I need to recalculate the voltage setting resistors. I wanted a small setting window, but at the moment I'm 1-2 volt off. this will be just changing the silkscreen / schematic once I have tested other values.

I will make the PCB 5-10mm wider. I did the footprint for the Diotec B80C7000 (EUR 4,99), but ordered this Noname (EUR 0,61) rectifier. Same specs, and should have the same housing - but the cheaper one is just bigger.

Works with no problem but is not looking nice:
IMG_5717.JPG

I really love the look of your pcb Volker, I haven't start my white DAOC but can't move it from my desk...standing by the side of the familly picture. ;D

you didn't read page 3 ?

maybe an 1st post update will avoid these redundant questions!

diyfanatic said:
I really love the look of your pcb Volker, I haven't start my white DAOC but can't move it from my desk...standing by the side of the familly picture. ;D

thanks ;D ;D ;D

diyfanatic said:
maybe an 1st post update will avoid these redundant questions!

this would result in too much pre orders :D :eek: ::)

or start to feel like an ebay auction with everyone ready to pounce ,
i know i'm in the cue for one
getting it will put more pressure to finish 1/4 of my other
unfinished projects
Welcome whenever it comes ,thanks

The power supply looks like it will require a transformer with multiple windings, not easy for most folks to get unless you have a source for those too.  I know it's too late for change suggestions however.  I would suggest that people use schottky(or any soft/fast) rectifiers and not use the caps parallel with the diodes.  Attempting to snub the diode snap will just shift it's power to a higher frequency making it harder to shield and more prone to leakage.

Forgot.

My power supply is based on positive and negative regulators and the phantom power does not contain voltage doubler. So we have a choice.

[silent:arts] said:
I need to recalculate the voltage setting resistors. I wanted a small setting window, but at the moment I'm 1-2 volt off. this will be just changing the silkscreen / schematic once I have tested other values.
8) 8) 8) Harpo already pm'd me a recalculation, thanks a lot (again)  :) :) :)

Svart said:
The power supply looks like it will require a transformer with multiple windings, not easy for most folks to get unless you have a source for those too.
yes - but like Sahib already posted we will take care of it. not sure about it, but I think it should be possible to use a (beefy) dual 22V secondary transformer (for my PSU), with an added external voltage doubler for the 48V.

Svart said:
I know it's too late for change suggestions however.  I would suggest that people use schottky(or any soft/fast) rectifiers and not use the caps parallel with the diodes.  Attempting to snub the diode snap will just shift it's power to a higher frequency making it harder to shield and more prone to leakage.
it is not too late for changes.
any suggestions / links for your preferred rectifiers? I'm new to schottky.

the paralleled caps have been asked for a previews PSU from another member, this time I thought it couldn't hurt to add them. you don't have to use them.
but these are our normal DIY "problems": different people, different preferences, different opinions ;D
could end up the same with other bridge rectifiers  :D

Schottkys are majority carriers so they have a much faster recovery and they have much lower forward voltage drops.  Standard P-N junction diode's reverse recovery current when snapping off causes EMI(the reason for the capacitor shunts).  Schottkys don't have this and are much more EMI quiet.

The new SiC schottkys are awesome but a little pricey, 55$ for 10 of them.

Latest posts

Back