GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Svart, don't want to get in Schottkys disussions in this thread, but one thing (out of interest):
we are talking about a linear PSU, 50 / 60 Hz frequency at the rectifier.
all I could find about Schottkys the last hour via google / wikipedia etc is they are good for switching PSUs at high frequencies  ???
is there really an advantage in the schematic I posted?

Svart said:
Sure.  PM me or we can make a thread discussing it.  Lower frequency=more power generally.
Now boys...if you discuss this via pm's, that will make will make the rest of the class very sad.  :'(

I say start a new Schottkys thread.  8)

So the US price is going to be $300 without PSU, right? I've read through the threads, but I can't find any clear info on exactly how everything is priced out (PSUs, etc...). Can someone write down some clear info on the specifics?

we don't have a pricing for the PSU(s) yet. I guess my PSU PCB will be in the range of EUR 20 - 25 since it needs thicker copper to handle the current. no idea for the custom PSU transformer or the case.

the EUR 215,- (since the Dollar changed it might be $ 305, this will be up to Jeff) bundle price contains:
- 11 slot case
- 11 slot backplane PCB
- 11 18pin card edge connectors
- 11 Neutrik NC3FBV1-M25 XLR connectors
- 11 Neutrik NC3MB1-M25 XLR connectors
- screws, stand-offs
- may be all the PCB headers / jumpers for pin1 and stereo options

jsteiger said:
Svart said:
Sure.  PM me or we can make a thread discussing it.  Lower frequency=more power generally.
Now boys...if you discuss this via pm's, that will make will make the rest of the class very sad.  :'(

I say start a new Schottkys thread.  8)
ok class, we move to
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=35154.0

Svart said:
bump for info!

is it mid september?  ;D ;D ;D

for the PSU I will stay with my initial design. one more test with the values harpo calculated.
ordered a first custom transformer for testing. will order some 50 PSU PCBs once it is tested positive.

card edge connectors are still on their way, the racks are still in production.
updated the payment for this thread until the end of the year.
not too much news I fear, but still in the timeline.

Mid september is ages away!  I'm starting to sell my gear to get cash to throw at the 500 series stuff!

No problems on the PSU.  The savvy DIYer can change it as he sees fit I suppose.

I'm not sure what you meant by "updated payment for this thread until the end of the year.".

Thanks!

Just collected two pre-production samples today. I didn't have much time to check them in detail as I am literally up to my neck until Thursday, but it all  seems fine. The only thing I changed from the first prototype is the module mounting screws from M3 to M2.5 as M3 was distorting and didn't give us enough thread.

Mid September availability is still on.

Svart said:
...I'm not sure what you meant by "updated payment for this thread until the end of the year."...

I only meant I followed the forum rules for the white market and donated until december to keep you updated.
Nothing wrong with this, just mentioned it to have more news ;D ;D ;D

Since they will indeed include the PSU, can I jump back on board for a kit, Jeff?

cheers
JS

[silent:arts] said:
Svart, don't want to get in Schottkys disussions in this thread, but one thing (out of interest):
we are talking about a linear PSU, 50 / 60 Hz frequency at the rectifier.
all I could find about Schottkys the last hour via google / wikipedia etc is they are good for switching PSUs at high frequencies  ???
is there really an advantage in the schematic I posted?

hi volker
there is a picture about rack?
6t9r

Hey everybody, I was referred here by Jeff from Classic Audio Products of Illinois. I'd like to get on the list for one of the 51x kits when they become available.

Thanks,
Ben

;D

Sredna said:
Where did you read that?

Read the 5th post on this side again!  ;)

Read post #247. That's a big yes from the man himself on whether they will include the PSU.
;)

As I understand it, there is a PSU in making outside of the EUR 215,- kit offer.
Price is not yet determined. (Post #264)

But who knows, Volker is a very generous person.  :)

Tajmoben said:
Hey everybody, I was referred here by Jeff from Classic Audio Products of Illinois. I'd like to get on the list for one of the 51x kits when they become available.

Thanks,
Ben

;D
Hey Ben,

This thread is the list so...you are now on it!  ;)

Cheers,
Jeff

Back