Source for the 1176 4-pole, 3 position rotary?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Roddey

Sorry for the post in multiple sections, I posted it in the wrong place the first time...

I've got the part for a rev D 1176 ordered. I got the hairball kit, which has the push buttons. But there's zero chance I'll be able to do a home grown front panel that will look good for something like that, no bezel to cover the raggedies. So I'd prefer to go with the rotary scenario. One of the rotaries I found, but the 4-pole, 3 position one I just can't find anywhere.

Anybody know where I can source of these things? Otherwise it's going to be a month or more wait just for this one little part.

I guess I'll consider a pre-made front panel if there's no way to get the rotary in a reasonable time. But I'd prefer to save the bucks and do the rotary home grown version.

You can get lorlins at mouser:
here's one..... part #105-14574  non shorting
105-13574 shorting

just do a "lorlin" search at mouser

cheers,
dave

Thanks. I don't know why I couldn't find that. Being a non-hardware guy, the searching process on mouser and digikey can be a bewildering process sometimes.

If you want the 'all buttons in' function like with the push buttons you might want to take a look at this page.

http://www.geocities.com/m_natsume/1176_slam_mode_rotary.html

cheers,
Paul

I just noticed that the ones I listed have solder tabs.... you wanna get the ones with PC pins if you're using the
circuit board

I haven't seen any of them where the buttons or knobs are directly on the PCB? Oh, you mean on the little auxillary PCB? I didn't think about that. Maybe that's why I didn't find one. And, unfortunately, it's already shipped.

So, I guess I'm back to where I was before... Anybody else have any suggestions?

Worst case, I guess I can convert it to a PCB version the old fashioned way by soldering spare resistor lead to the solder tabs as is done in that link above.

All these have PC pins: (mouser)
105-2457  mouser
612-KC43A3001NLS
612-KC13B10.001NPF

digikey
EG1957-ND
CKC7007-ND

cheers,
dave

Thanks. I wasn't going to do it, but then I realized that the BOM didn't include XLR connectors or the IEC inlet or PCB standoffs, so I had to make another order anyway and just threw that guy in. So I have some extra ones for a future project I guess.

I've not had good luck with pots and such. Someone pointed me at the wrong number for the LA-2A and I ended up ordering dual ones for twice the already high price and ended up wasting half of the capabilities of those.

I bought lorlins with solder option in the past, for  the rev D 1176. I just cut the eyelet end, straightened the pins a little and they fits perfect on the switch PCBs...

Arnau

pH said:
If you want the 'all buttons in' function like with the push buttons you might want to take a look at this page.

http://www.geocities.com/m_natsume/1176_slam_mode_rotary.html

cheers,
Paul
Paul, I had a look at that, that's a rotary?

Back