What do you guys think of these capacitors for my La2a?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canidoit

I thought I would try experimenting. They will be replacing Orange Drops. I have no idea what the results would be installing them in my La2a but would like to hear from experienced people what their thoughts are about these caps in general and for audio. Like what kind of sound do they generally exhibit, smooth, clear, warm, extended highs and lows, etc. or these cause problems in builds, poor quality, used mainly for xxx and are not really great for audio, etc. etc.

These are the caps:
- Thoro test Tropicalized Capacitor .1uf .1 600v NOS
- Thoro test Tropicalized Capacitor .02uf .02 600v NOS
- Sprague JAN .10uf .1 uf Glass sealed Capacitor 1000v

These will be replacing sections of my Drips La2a version 3 at C1, C2, C3 and maybe ground lifts.

The orange drop are polypropylene capacitors if I am not mistaken, so they should be good for audio frequencies

What is the type of the capacitors you want to use ? (polypropylene, polyester, ceramic, polystyrene ?)

keefaz said:
The orange drop are polypropylene capacitors if I am not mistaken, so they should be good for audio frequencies

What is the type of the capacitors you want to use ? (polypropylene, polyester, ceramic, polystyrene ?)
The orange caps will be replaced with the ones on the pictures. They are vintage NOS caps and the other silver cap is glass sealed and used and are high grade military quality.

The white ones are hard ceramic caps, the original seller told me. Do you think I should replace the Orange Drop Caps with these?

Latest posts

Back