First Timer MNats Rev J 'Eleven Seven Sixer'

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

So I am putting together the orders for all the components, but I seem to be missing some values on the BOM

For instance, 220pf .... but no voltages listed, this is common to a lot of components on the list.

Also looking for some input on which Trannies to use, OEP or Lundhal..... In and out, and 1:2 or 2:1

I want headroom, and good gain.... any input appreciated.

Thanx all!

hi shorty,
the reason there is no voltage rating on the 220pF cap is because most manufacturers of ceramic caps do not offer them below 50V ratings (higher than the 30V of the 1176.  browse through some mouser, digikey or allied catalogs in your spare time and you'll see what i mean.  

as for the transformer question.  please, do some searches.  too many people have posted recently without doing searches, or said they have searched, but honestly, if you haven't looked through the many, many of posts on this forum (many which pertain to your question with differing opinions) i doubt any of the more 'experienced' members will take the time to answer you.  some will...but, those are the uber nice ones with much time.  

kind regards,
grant

dissonantstring said:
hi shorty,
the reason there is no voltage rating on the 220pF cap is because most manufacturers of ceramic caps do not offer them below 50V ratings (higher than the 30V of the 1176.  browse through some mouser, digikey or allied catalogs in your spare time and you'll see what i mean.  

as for the transformer question.  please, do some searches.  too many people have posted recently without doing searches, or said they have searched, but honestly, if you haven't looked through the many, many of posts on this forum (many which pertain to your question with differing opinions) i doubt any of the more 'experienced' members will take the time to answer you.  some will...but, those are the uber nice ones with much time.  

kind regards,
grant

Thanks.... Ok, I see, the higher voltage doesn't matter ;) Nooooobs ::) I've read that before I guess  :-[

Umm, yeah, well put, I guess there is a lot of opinion on the Trannies.... I'll probably go with the cheaper guys then for my first  :eek: :-[

Just not sure of how much gain is going to be effected based on 1:2 or 2:1 config....

My appologies.... I'll do more reading.... Just hard to find some stuff without going through 128 pages of thread as there is so much cross sometimes.....

My surches seem very innacurate sometimes.... and way too many .... what appear to be .... broken links, betting something like 'cannot be found or you do not have access' results

thanx

My surches seem very innacurate sometimes.... and way too many .... what appear to be .... broken links, betting something like 'cannot be found or you do not have access' results

I have to echo that I get a lot of "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. " response from links after searching for stuff.  IIRC, I think that happended when the board was changed from phpBB to SMC.

Also, it may be worth pointing out to some that although the Google custom search link at the top right of the page now uses Google to search the forum (duh), you can still use the search link on the left of the toolbar to get the 'old' style search.

Also, when using the Google custom search, if you don't like the way a search result appears when it has "Print Page" in the link title, you can remove the 'action=printpage;' part of the querystring in the url to get a normal looking page.

Just thought it would be worth mentioning for anyone that might not know that!

guys, here from meta meta:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=155

Just about everything there is to the 1176. all the links work. Now go read them all.

Shorty

Ive built two G76s now.  One is tranx balanced input the other not.  Used Lundahls on both.  I really love the first one I built with the input tranx, the other is soon to be "upgraded" to a tranx on the input cause it just does'nt sound as nice as the first unit.  If I were you I'd save up the cash to buy the lundahls or just get one for the ouput for the time being, get her built and operational and upgrade in the future.  Of course I havent heard one with the oep tranx in there, just know that its my favorite compressor in my racks!

Instead of searching I usually try to speed read starting at the Meta pages for the given project.  The most effective thing to do is at the start of a project read a little at a time of the main thread while copy pasting info into a text file that you think might be important along the build.  Hope you can understand that horribly formed sentence!  On searching:  Go to google homepage and try using the advanced search options.  Might help you nail down a more specific set of querys.

I think I might just order a set of each (OEP and Lundhal) and make the descision after A/B

I like what I read about the color provided by the OEP's so we'll see.

I might need em both ways. OEP pair for mixdown, Lundahl single mono for input :)

Latest posts

Back