Need passive 300Hz filter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattssons

I work as a dj in nightclubs and need a 300hz highpassfilter for my headphones, the idea is building a tele-adapter that throw away anything under 300Hz and makes it all mono.

What kind of values would i need component wize? it should be enough with a resistor and a condenser no?

Probably child stuff for all you people, but to me electronics is not that easy!

Any input welcome

Best regards /Toby

Try just the 22uFd series-cap first.

Svart prescribed a fine 18dB/oct filter, but in many audio situations 6dB/oct makes lots of difference.

If you want to lose bass for more volume, it might be best to do that -before- the amplifier. But that gets trickier.

PRR said:
If you want to lose bass for more volume, it might be best to do that -before- the amplifier. But that gets trickier.

Not much of a help, but if this is the reason, I could recommend Audio Tehnica ATH-M50. Loud as hell and good isolation( and they actually sound great).

If you just want to remove bass due the conflict with local monitoring of current track, I think PRRs recommendation would do just fine.

cheerz
urosh

Hi Thanks for the advice!

It´s acually just to save my hearing, i monitor in very loud environments and i just need to hear some rythmic elements like the tick of a bassdrum and a bit of snare. So all that headphone bass only messes up my hearing as i have the bassbins bass "covering" up everything.

Most headphones and mixers these days can play extremly loud, but do that for 7 hours 2-3 night a week and you will not last long.

I work with moulded 24 db plugs and monitor quite soft, but i have no use of the lows, lows.

best regards /Toby

mattssons said:
Hi Thanks for the advice!

It´s acually just to save my hearing
best regards /Toby

Why don't you get a GOOD set of earprotection like exinore?
I DJ almost every weekend with exinore earplugs with 15db of filtering and they are great!
If you dj a lot i really think it's a must to have these and USE 'M whenever you can.
Good earplugs will cost you maybe something like 150 euro's but it reaally is worth every cent!

You only have one set of ears and you can't change the fuse, opamps or tubes if they fail on you.  :(

Hi

I work with ear protection moulded after my ears, they cost about 350Us to make and mine lasts a few years until i wear them out. I´m not doing more than about a 80 nights a year but i´m still scared of all the abuse my hearing gets. My sets are usually around 5 hours and it is an odd situation where you have to monitor one source in an really loud environment with lots of bass.

Sp many of my collages just turn up the volume, sometimes when i connect my phones when i arrive to a club and forget to check the volume knob, i´m in for quite a surprise ;) /Toby

this is the filter 18dB 300Hz high pass for your headphone with 24 ohm load
Pier Paolo

Attachments

• filter 24ohm 18 db 300HZ.JPG
    filter 24ohm 18 db 300HZ.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 76
Back