Anybody have experience with THAT 1200 and Edcor WSM?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMB-AUDIO

I'm going to build a mixer and was wondering if anybody has any experience between a THAT 1200 IC and an Edcor WSM 10K:10K transformer.  I'm trying to decide which one I should use as the input for the channel strips but I do not have experience with either.  I will eventually compare the two with my own ears, but if anyone here has expeirence with both, I would love to hear about it.

I'm gonna post a schematic soon...it will use the EZ1290 as the line amps.

I have the That 1200 inputs on both of my Roger Foote compressors - the stereo Pico and the P3.  I think they sound fantastic.  When I say fantastic I mean I can't hear them! 

I have a switchable transformer option on my P3 so I can set it up so it is That 1200 input to That VCA(at unity) to That 1600 output.  I can then toggle between that and a relay hard bypass and there is no practical discernible difference, and I have really hi end monitoring.  In fact I'll have someone do a blind test on me this weekend and let you know!

So to summarise I think the 1200 series is very transparent and I'd use them anywhere.  The P3 is a seriously hi end design and is not let down in anyway by these chips.  I have not heard the Edcors so can't offer any comparison. 

Let us know when you've heard both.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Latest posts

Back