a short story from a engineer I know

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Somehow the image I had as a child of the typical “scientist” just doesn’t seem to fit my
vision of the “Recording Engineer.” Yet, the first recording engineer I ever met actually wore a
white lab smock with a heavily laden pocket protector, black horn-rimmed glasses and had a
slide-rule sticking out of his shirt pocket. He was the prototype for the modern “geek” or
“computer nerd.” That was in 1965. Then Modern Rock took over and the geeks were banished
from the studio until a few years ago when they, indeed, got their revenge by inventing the Digital
Audio Workstation. And in doing so, effectively made computer geeks out of us all. It isn’t fair, I
tell you!

pucho812 said:
Somehow the image I had as a child of the typical “scientist” just doesn’t seem to fit my
vision of the “Recording Engineer.” Yet, the first recording engineer I ever met actually wore a
white lab smock with a heavily laden pocket protector, black horn-rimmed glasses and had a
slide-rule sticking out of his shirt pocket. He was the prototype for the modern “geek” or
“computer nerd.” That was in 1965. Then Modern Rock took over and the geeks were banished
from the studio until a few years ago when they, indeed, got their revenge by inventing the Digital
Audio Workstation. And in doing so, effectively made computer geeks out of us all. It isn’t fair, I
tell you!

Or you have the type that are too damn lazy to setup or troubleshoot their DAW and usually I will have to be the guy to save the day and because they're "friends" of mine, (otherwords, I'm a "friend" when its convienent for THEM) usually means that I work for free ;D

ENS Audio said:
Or you have the type that are too damn lazy to setup or troubleshoot their DAW and usually I will have to be the guy to save the day and because they're "friends" of mine, (otherwords, I'm a "friend" when its convienent for THEM) usually means that I work for free ;D

+1...

ENS Audio said:

+1  !!!!

MM

Back