Neumann OA10 discrete op-amp (in API 2520 etc. format)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ptownkid said:
I was actually talking to audiox...but I always test ;)

I guess you received the Gerber files... Good luck for experimenting, please report your findings here.

As I told you are free to offer boards and kits as long as the price is fair. (Naturally that permission applies to my part of the design only.)

Does anybody know / have a working link to these docs from the DOA meta?

Neumann OA10
www.silentarts.de/lab/studiotechnik/neumann/OA10_Schematic.pdf
Neumann OA10 -- The schematic. Did you know they made their own opamps?

www.silentarts.de/lab/studiotechnik/neumann/OA10_Data.pdf
Neumann OA10 Data

Thanks! Found both docs on this page:
http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/index.cgi

BTW, I requested samples of these Millmax pins to try in the OA10 holes:
3145-2-00-15-00-00-08-0

Hi,

I am  having a problem trying to run down the BC182BP. I can't even find it on a datasheet. I can only find BC182A, B or C. Can I use BC182B instead? How exactly does the BP version differ from any others? Is there a suitable sub?

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Hi,

anyone got one of these working yet? I am perilously close(just awaiting some silicon . . .) ANy suggestions for pins? my usual just fall through the holes! Contemplating single core  stripped mains cable to save money . . .

Checking the tech data for the 0A10, I am intrigued to see the slewrate increasing with gain . . .

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Hi,

OA10 equals SMOKE . . . . . .  ::)

perhaps there are different versions of the transistors with different pinouts(?)

v annoyed . . .

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

strangeandbouncy said:
   perhaps there are different versions of the transistors with different pinouts
Check your 212s... if you didn't use motorolas, flip them around.

strangeandbouncy said:
perhaps there are different versions of the transistors with different pinouts(?)

In my layout:

BC212 and BC182:
C B E

BC327 and BC337:
E B C

From left to right (see the following picture)
http://rocky.digikey.com/weblib/Micrel/Web%20photos/576-TO-92-3%20(bent%20legs).jpg

Thanks Guys,\

this may seem a sily question, but how do i know if my tranasistors are Motorola? There doesn't seem to be any brand marking on mine

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Hi just tried my transistors in a multimeter. I am new to this,

but I get a reading for HFE only with correct orientation, yes?

I think both my bc327-25 and bc337-25 are C B E left to right with flat side towards me, like Audiox's picture

I haven't tried to swap 'em out yet, and perhaps I'd be quicker to build another one!

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

yes you should only get a reading if it's in the right way.

Much easier to tell orientation in a multimeter though! I only mentioned motorola 212s because as I was having fun with those datasheet pages that come up in google, it was the only one of the 3 brands (fairchild and onsemi are the others) that matched the pinout.  I think the 182's were all the same, didn't check the other two. Figured you might have the invoice. Anyway, it's much easier to tell orientation on the multimeter!

It's not too hard to remove these small transistors with a soldersucker. Just be careful not to heat too long and lift the pads!
good luck!

Latest posts

Back