How long is the elastic cord...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luny Tune

...for the shockmount for a U87?

Well, actually it's for the shockmount for a Soundelux 195, men they appear to be exactly alike and I assume more people would have spares for the U87.

I just refuse to pay €10 for something that'll costs €1 to make myself in a few seconds. Instead of experimenting my way to the correct length I'd appreciate it if someone who have a new cord lying around would measure it for me...

Thanks!

I've made some [ u89 ] that look good but don't last
getting loose way too soon  , check that the material
is good quality

I have found that elastic hair ties like the ones women use for pony tails to work real well for that. Then if you really want to go over kill you zip tie it into place at each point it attaches to never come out.

pucho812 said:
I have found that elastic hair ties like the ones women use for pony tails to work real well for that. Then if you really want to go over kill you zip tie it into place at each point it attaches to never come out.

+1 for that
The checkout girl took a long look at my very bald head, then a long look at the twelve pack of hair ties .....  ???
They worked fine for me  :)

Back