Racking Channel Strips Audio Developments UK

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the other reason for my assumption about output transformer....
attached gain structure block diagram....

cheers, Mac

Attachments

• channel strips gain struct block diag.jpg
    channel strips gain struct block diag.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 63
Everything works as expected and sounds OK with test signals but output however is very low level. Microphone connected yields almost no output at all.

Can anyone explain what is meant by the last symbol on the output "6". It looks like one side of a transformer, but in the console I presume that the input strips would have fed the input of the master fader.

Will I need to modify the output amp stage to bring the gain up?

full schematic is further back in this thread...

thanks for any input ...Mac.

Attachments

• AD075 OUTPUT stage.jpg
    AD075 OUTPUT stage.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 38
I just bought an AD031 micro mixer from the time Audio developments was still called Walsall Timing Developments. Output transformers seem to be retrofitted by a Dutch company with "Sound Techniques 7523" transformers. But according to the uncomplete manual on the Audio Developments site transformer balancing was an option on this mixer. Should work without transformers. The design of the desk allows for a channel insert. I'm thinking of stuffing the battery department with output transformers for the individual channel outs.
Anyway did you find a solution for your problems, and did you find a substitute for the 748s?

Regards,
Bram

Hey Bram, got mine up and running, and am running them unbalanced at the moment. Havent got back to substituting the 748's

Mac

Attachments

• vault 001.jpg
    vault 001.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back