new audio recording software looks interesting

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh... I'm happy to be a "smug engineer". That said, with Mowo on the bass, that band can't be all bad.

Marketing Propaganda from the website

"Give your mixes that big studio sound! Record's effects and mixing console bring instant million dollar sheen to your tracks."

Uhh, Martin or Charlie, I wonder?!?!?

On the other hand the mix window does look pretty strait forward and easy to work in, which is a relief compared to some DAW's out their.

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/img/mix_channel_strip_full.jpg

record seems very promising, due to the integration of reason. With laptop setup, good converter and of course good préamps, it can became a good solution to location recording and to pre production work before studio, wait and see, i'm very interesting about it

Kamel said:
record seems very promising, due to the integration of reason. With laptop setup, good converter and of course good préamps, it can became a good solution to location recording and to pre production work before studio, wait and see, i'm very interesting about it

I agree. I won't be ditching my tape machines and my pro tools hd at the moment but might be good for  location work.  Who knows maybe using it for mixing as it is modeled after that famous 9000 SSL that I hate. looks to be promising over all

Interesting to see there are 'new' fresh approaches popping up, 'redefining' & simplifying the growing & growing existing DAWzilla's... I wasn't unsatisfied with Cub, but after having tried Reaper I haven't looked back... now let's see if I need to switch once again...  ;)

Guys,

The first thing to note is it is NOT a DAW. Props themselves are even calling it a NON DAW. It lacks many of the features of a more sophisticated DAW's, no timecode, sync to picture etc... what it does offer is a no frills, fun way to make music.

I think you guys are going to like it, great for songwriting and as shared the integration with Reason is seamless and just makes for a great compositional tool and I LOVE the mixer... no more graphs or curves, just good ole analog channel strips that look like... well... a mixer!

It isn't going to be for everyone, but it will put the power of making music into many musicians hands that are often scared off by some of the traditional DAW's tools/menus/options etc.

Cheers

Matt

Looks pretty cool, I run Reason 4 inside Logic ( rewire ) and that makes a pretty fantastic
partnership ..... wouldn't change from Logic though ..... too much learning a new DAW/MIDI system !!

MM.

matta said:
no more graphs or curves, just good ole analog channel strips that look like... well... a mixer!

That is why I moved to Samplitude and got away from nuendo/cubase.  Plus it sounds better to my ears.

But I'd be willing to give Record a go, maybe they'll have a demo version without too many limitations.

-Casey

you can include reason to record and you can use both with rewire about nuendo/cubase... i like that it does not
have a vst option... you can do great loops with all the intern plugs and instruments.... and now you can record too...
great. i love it!

EEMO1 said:
correct me if Im wrong, BUT:

-hardware insert?
-no vst support?

I think that this is a SELLING point for many folks... limitations breed ingenuity and it really is fun to just add a track and record... and the plugs are not that bad, and no doubt will get better/or have more choices in future updates.

I don't think many of us here are their demographic to be honest... but in choosing to remain a close ended system they can and have streamlined it for minimal latency and it also improves overall support and stability... big things for a muso who is not technically inclined.

What it does have is a VERY nice export mixer that allows fairly seamless integration with a DAW of ones choice, allowing you to export the audio on a track by track basis, with out without effects and/or automation.

So one may start off in Record and end up in PT, Logic on mic down.

Cheers

Matt

I might go the other way. Start off in PT or whatever and end up in record(software) for mixing. It looks nice and may even sound better on terms of number crunching to stereo.  Who knows. Sitting on a laptop with an audio drive and I can mix anywhere without any real hardware need... doesn't sound too bad to me.

The product itself doesn't sound to bad really.

i just have a hard time thinking WHY propellerheads do not include hw inserts and vst support.

ok, rewire to protools or whatever, but kind of beats the purpose really...

It actually looks pretty good fopr getting the job done with a light learning curve.

PS, thanks for mentioning mowo mushy, ended up checking him out and I am diggin it!

ive got a few codes too ;) but i have not tryed it yet.you need an active internet connection for work with it. i have none in my studio :(

Latest posts

Back