where to fnd rev log pots on the farnell or RS site ??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny I was looking for the same thing in USA.

Here's what I have found:

Farnell (UK) #919524 Man. ALPS #290036

or in the USA:

Newark #70C0132 Man. ALPS #290036
(non-stock will take weeks to get)

5k revlog pot for the F-OPTO.

Any ther suggestions???

-ChuckD

I could only find this in the 91 series of Bournes pots on Newark:

# 04F3105

Manufacturer: BOURNS
Manufacturer Part No.: 91A1A-B28-D13
Description: Potentiometer Conductive Plastic,5kOhm,2Ohm,+/- 1000ppm,.25W,7/8in,Shaft Length,Wire Lead

Does that look like the correct one? How do you know if it is a reverse pot?

-ChuckD

Antique has a CTS, which is a pretty good pot, 50K reverse log in the CTS section. $6.95 Might work in an API circuit. I am just using a linear pot in my Melcor, dosen't do much at the low settings, but that region is not used much anyway.
cj
tubesandmore.com

[quote author="cjenrick"]Antique has a CTS, which is a pretty good pot, 50K reverse log in the CTS section. $6.95 Might work in an API circuit. I am just using a linear pot in my Melcor, dosen't do much at the low settings, but that region is not used much anyway.
cj
tubesandmore.com[/quote]

The 50k reverse log CTS is a Fender spare part, so they're a little easier to find. Omeg's minimum is only 10 pieces and they're very reasonably priced, so it might be less aggravating to order a batch and get rid of what you don't use or keep them as spares.

:thumb: :thumb:

i've used those bourns pots from mouser for my api preamps. they work fine and feel pretty good (not damped, but mostly smooth with a slight scraping feel). they are pcb mount, and the contacts are smallish and bendy, so you'll likely want to make a small board for them even if you chassis mount them. stiff shrink tubing would probably be okay too.

ed

Anyone have any luck finding the 5k rev audio pot yet?

Good clues given here but I still haven't found any. checked Mouser, Digikey, Newark, Allied , Arrow.

No one seems to carry any ending with T, F or G
which stand for CCW pots.

What is everyone using for their F-optos?

-ChuckD

Back