Ongoing Logic Pro core audio error ... HELP !!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyMart

I've used Logic and Mac's "forever" ( since 1993 ) but I can't seem to solve this one :-(

Mac Pro intel Quad 2.66 with 3gig Ram and internal 500gig audio drive, system is Tiger 10.4.11
RME Fireface 800 interface, 2 x UAD1e cards fitted. ( software and drivers are all up to date )

So - load up a song which has maybe 12 Audio tracks and 6 or 7 software synths/ drum plugins running.
There are FX across several tracks but not TOO much at all for the system - when "running" the cpu usage shows
less than 25% used across the four processors.

Press play and during Intro get the -10011 core audio error right away - the cpu meters hit "red" in a big spike.
It plays to the verse then get the same error  ..... to the bridge then same error
..... to the chorus then same error etc etc !!!

BUT after playing through once then the errors stop, so it's like it needs to somehow "buffer" all the
songs sections, where parts play/sounds are loaded and is happy ALL DAY after that ??

What is going on and what should I do to solve this ?
For the Logic guys, my audio buffer is set to 512 , software monitor is off, playback buffer is medium
I seam to have the optimum settings but this is killing me and every client, who's first song "play through"
is now a disaster !!!
It seems to have got to this point over time so I can't "nail down' one period where is started to happen.
Thanks,

Marty.

Martin,

try it without the UAD cards to nail down the problem.

I'm using a Fireface 800 too with my iMac and Logic, and even mixing a crazy three men Punk band - ending up to be 60 Tracks ??? - didn't cause any problem like this.

Hey Volker, just sent you an email ... sorry !
Will try that, but it was not doing this 8 months ago and all is the same !
Is 10.4.11 a bit "wobbly" and should I just do the Leopard update ?

MM.

just found this in a gearslutz thread:

Jepp I have found the problem in my system.
I have two UAD PCI e Cards in my Mac Pro and the spike on the CPU is taht UAD is not knowing why they have that problem with the new Intel Macs.

They wrote me that  they work on it and will find a solution in the near future...hopefully

They are downgrading the probs a bit in their customers mail because I can not work with the UADs ....they are slowing down my computer and provide every 20 Seconds (-10010) System Overload.

Man waht for I bought a 2x2.66 GHZ Mac Pro.....
6 Tracks Audio and system overload rediculess UAD!!!

If I take out the PCI e cards my CPU is having its full power with the cards in no way.

admitted it is dated August 2008, but I think my initial tendency is right.
but since it worked before: is there any uninstall routine for the UADs?
if it works with the cards removed I would try it with one card only.
if there is the error again swap the cards. might be one faulty?
if the problem exists with both (single) cards delete / uninstall everything from UAD and re-install.

I even have that problems with the UAD-2 card. As a long time Logic user (I started with Notator on the Atari) I know this problem well, I always have to run through the entire song with a couple of of start/stop actions. Once the song is 'cached' everything is fine. It's the way it is...
I'd like to share another Mac/RME problem here: I've got a new 2.66 quad core and a RME Fireface in 2007. The RME-Firewire connection died everytime I started play back (red Host lamp). Annoying. The solution was here to buy an external PCIe Firewire card.
Marty, updating to 10.5.7 is not a bad idea.

It wasn't the UAD cards, pulled 'em and had the same issue as before, they have worked just fine
for the last year or so ( Got this quad intel very late 2007 )
Also ditched all the AU plugins and used only logic's stuff and had the same errors coming up !!

I think the whole Tiger system has just got "sluggish" and something bad is going on between the program
and the board/processor, needs a complete re-install I would say .... but that is a great BIG P.I.T.A !!!

I'll run the hardware test but did that recently after a HD failure and memory etc was all good.

Macs are always great "out of the box" but a year or so down the line under heavy use, they get a bit screwed.

I have a year or so left of my extended warranty, so if it is hardware then I can get stuff replaced/fixed

HO HUM >>>>>

MM.

Latest posts

Back