Mojo grilling marinade

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodderboy

GDIY Supporter
This cuban Mojo grilling marinade is excellent- for veggies, tofu, fish (white meat), fowl, beef, pork,etc.

http://icuban.com/food/churrasco_cubano.html

The chimichurri sauce is also good, but not necessary.

I have been using it since the winter and it is a winner.  I have marinated fish or veggies like shark, eggplant or asparagus for 1 day, chicken for 2 days, beef/pork for 3 days and it adds incredible flavor and juciness.  Chicken or fish is unbelievable- it cooks evenly without going dry or burning like with sugary BBQ sauces.  It is foolproof.

I have been going asian with the seasonings, using ginger and soy additions, and it is promising, but the straight recipe is still better.  I have used vinegar based, lime juice based, dry spice based, wine based marinades and this one is the best I have tried so far.  It tastes very fruity, and not garlicy like you would think.

Salut!
Mike

Made the marinade for a BBQ this weekend. I made it a day in advance. Tested it right after and it was good. It reminds me of the Cuban restaurant we have around the corner from work. Used it a day later and it was even better. thanks for that.

De nada!  You can use it for a week or so- I will do veggies and tofu for a day each for a couple of days, then a skirt steak or london broil for 2-3 days, maybe another slab of beef, and then the last is chicken, fish, or pork.  I have found that any marinade goes off after those three, but before that, you could do veggies everyday for two weeks, or three beefs over 10 days- it's a long summer!
what did you cook?
Mike

Latest posts

Back