the 10(dollar) GSSL mod making it a "mastering" compressor.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I found these at the local electronics store today.
here is an online link to the same thing, part number 25-406

http://www.arcade-electronics.com/detail.aspx?ID=18109

This replaced my 1 turn threshold and make up gain pots. used 2 and wired up each one on one sets. They are also made in other values. Now my Gssl has the feel of "Mastering" version gear. You know where each pot is either stepped or a switch.

SIXTYNINER said:
NICE POT PUCHO
have you a picture about wiring it?
:eek:

I can take one if you like but  it wires in like the regular 50K lin pots as before. What is different with the new pot is that it has two decks which is like 2 pots off one control and that it has detents.  The detents give it a stepped switch feel often found in mastering edition units.  To wire it in pick one row of the 3 connects and hook up like before. I used 2 pots so that threshold and makeup gain had their own controls. Now if you wanted you could just use 1 of those and wire makeup gain and threshold into 1 but there are a whole set of reasons why one would not want to do it in that fashion of 1 single pot doing the 2 controls.

Plus those pots come in different values we use around here so they could be used for other things.

Soundcraft used a similar pot in their older consoles; -I never liked them much. The 800, 1600 and 2400 series consoles for example.

I doubt that it would make it into any more of a mastering unit; The only thing affected is the 'feel' of the pot. In actuality, I prefer to have access to the values in between the clicks.

Keith

SSLtech said:
Soundcraft used a similar pot in their older consoles; -I never liked them much. The 800, 1600 and 2400 series consoles for example.

I doubt that it would make it into any more of a mastering unit; The only thing affected is the 'feel' of the pot. In actuality, I prefer to have access to the values in between the clicks.

Keith

Correct. Notice how I originally stated,
Now my Gssl has the feel of "Mastering" version gear.

Back