Any Rock Climbers Here?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey CJ,

I used to climb a lot about 4 or 5 years ago and then I became seriously ill for a period of about 18 months.  I never really got back into after that, life just always seems to get in the way.  It's actually been on my mind all to call my climbing buddy and get back out there. We have some nice short crags around where I live in Ireland, one particular set of sea cliffs that is my favourite.  I've also been down to the South of France climbing a couple of times, mainly around Orpierre.  It's beautiful there.

Cheers,
Ruairi

cool, mr flaherty!

you might check out this climbing forum, there are a few people from Ireland who post.

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/forum.html

svart, we have planet granite out here in sf, mt view, belmont, and san jose, you should move west, but stop by sxsw on the way out.

bones=$?
don't remember, was on parents insurance (12 years ago).
2 significant fractures.
landed on my feet
right leg is fine so I hopped 1 mile to my car with help from GF.
not been so lucky since

Do a bit of climbing over here in old Philly.  Pretty good gym in the city and decent bouldering along Kelly drive and in Fairmount park.  Being scrawny and tall, it's always fun to whoop big gorillas who try to pull themselves up the wall.

yeah yeah, I used to teach rock climbing and rappelling back when I WAS one of those scrawny, tall dudes. 

Now I'm the gorilla.

::)

Not a rock climber but always wanted to try that. I do alot of backpacking up mountains and camping. There is a nice climbing gym in Philly near my sister's house I always wanted to go to...

John

you east coast guys ever go out to the Gunks?

we lost one of the best climbers in the world this month, John Bacher, free solo expert.
here he is on The Gripper, in Yosemite.

28khl50.jpg

Back