SSL 4K E mic input

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my prototype together as well. For my initial design I have the mic and line input on the board. Once this is verified, I'm going to add the LMC.
Hope to power it up next week.

2011-01-27205928.jpg

Here is a sound sample of my 4K pre.

It's using the Jensen 115 input trasformer.  The record chain is a Modded MK-319 into the pre, then into ADA8000/RME HDSP9652 recorded into Cubase5 @ 48K 24bit.  Reverb is an impulse of a TC6000.  Probably should'nt have put the verb on for a listening test but it sounded soooo sweet!

Also there is no EQ or Compression.

http://soundcloud.com/casey_pittman/4ktest

I remember this thread from some years ago.

I don't really remember at the moment if any G mic pre was done, I think only the E series. But I might be wrong.
Search around the forum

Anyway the G mic pre is simple and is transformerless so it's cheaper to build than the E series.
if you have the skills you can easily design a pcb layout and home ecth a board. That's how this forum started.

Whoops said:
Don't know if the only difference between the 149 and the 249 is the change from a Gain Pot to a Gain switch.
I will see if I can get some pics.

Better would be to see the schematics

Hi all,
this thread started with a "SSL 4K G+ mic input" title , although the schematic was actually E-Series and then it gave birth to a few E-series mic preamp builds and then Bruno2000 E-series 4K mic pre for the 500 series.

Actually the G-Series mic preamp that started all this was never made into a project. I have the schematic for the G-Series channel amp now.
Is anyone interested in having some fun a do a G-Series mic preamp project?

I would do it myself but I'm still lousy in designing pcb's in Eagle and also I don't have time at the present for this, I'm mixing 3 records at the moment.

dustbro said:
I could do a quick layout for the G series pre. Link to schematic?

Hi Dustdro, that would be great, thank you for that.

I just scanned the schematic and uploaded it to the Tech Docs section

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=45604.0;attach=48024

Thanks for the upload!
The mic gain switch is removed from this schematic. I assume it's attached to MOL1 MOL2 and MOL3. Do you have that drawing as well?

dustbro said:
Thanks for the upload!
The mic gain switch is removed from this schematic. I assume it's attached to MOL1 MOL2 and MOL3. Do you have that drawing as well?

Unfortunately don't, but I'm trying to get more info on that

any chance someone still has the etch files/schematic? would love to try my hand at this, but it appears not even the wayback machine can help me now

grid_stopper said:
any chance someone still has the etch files/schematic? would love to try my hand at this, but it appears not even the wayback machine can help me now

I don't think there were ever any etch files, but this thread is really old it was a long time ago.

Things moved over to this thread and developments:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=42552.660

Latest posts

Back