PULTEC EQP1A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithcamilleri

hi there i hope soeone can help me out...i recently finished two p2p eqp1a's by the way  these eqs are amazing , the low attenuation does not work as it should instead of a "high pass" its more of a "low pass". i followed  recproaudio's p2p design and both of the eq's behave the same...am i doing something wrong? or has anyone expienced the same thing?

thanks
keith

hey max i used coyacosta ' schematics that i found very easy to follow....hi end attenuation works fine...only the low end attenuation is giving me trouble.... www.recproaudio.com

thanks
keith

Hi,

I built two if these from here and no problems at all, sounds very much like a simple wire in the wrong place...

take a break, go back and look....

pete

ditto here.  2 units, no problems with low atten. 

From your description its hard to tell exactly what you mean in regards to it "not behaving right" but if it helps, I did have some wires from both the ATTEN and BOOST pots break loose from the bypass switch  which caused the bass response to be excessively strong in the boost and very 'off sounding' with the atten.

I agree with the mis-wiring or broken wires diagnosis

hey guys thanks a lot for your input as you all said it was a missing wire between a couple of resistors :) so its all functioning...1 problem between the two one is showing .8 db different from the other ....is there anyway you can tweak any resistors so i can have unity ? tubes are all matched ....and i used the same transformers!!!

cheers
K

good news!

Yes mine were like that, half a dB or so between them, I just adjusted for that some where else in the chain and all is good.

I would not worry, any adjustments are going to be in the audio path, for me i would not worry. but good luck if you decide to do it, please let me know what you end up doing.

;)

keithcamilleri said:
hey guys thanks a lot for your input as you all said it was a missing wire between a couple of resistors :) so its all functioning...1 problem between the two one is showing .8 db different from the other ....is there anyway you can tweak any resistors so i can have unity ? tubes are all matched ....and i used the same transformers!!!

ha, i knew it  ;)
which make up amp are you using? do you have the gain difference in the amp or in the filter circuit? (inject signal directly at the amp´s input)

-max

Latest posts

Back