lack of gain in G9

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndersB

Hi there. I'm sorry that my question might seem stupid - but if you don't ask...

I've just finished my G9, and after some Ground-issues (witch I do think is solved now) i have another thing.the following concerns both channals.

The gain switch is only working at the first five steps - then from step 6 to 11 nothing is happening.  there is sound, but the gain is not rising like i'd thought it should. It goes for both the line, and the mic input and it's on both channels. thats why I'm a little confused.
For the record i have to mention that I haven't tryed it with a capacitor mic, only a dynamic, and a bass (at the line in) and a sinewave from the generator.

Is it me (that konw nothing about anything) or what could be wrong?

TIA
/Anders

check & re check solder joints, the resistors (it is easy to confuse the 1 meg & 1k on the switch board) and check the B+ at the various tube stages. If you loose the B+ to the 2nd 1/2 of the 1st tube you will get something like this...

it's working!!!! it's totally working af changeing the 1 M ohm resistor to 1k (ahem ahem  :-[) on both channels, damn...

thank you nielsk for the help.

I'm a happy man :)

Anders

should probably have been posted in the official G9 help thread...so others could more easily find this problem and correction for their builds...just FYI...

Back