What have you been Doing?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

I've been putting rounds thru my rifles at the range, DIYing my autos, working out at the gym, absolutely no electronics or music, dating...just being a kid again. My youngest is a teenager, so I can redirect something back to myself.

Busiest recording year so far, out of 15 straight.  Pretty much everything destined for release; hardly a demo in sight.  Tracking drums the next two days, to be cut up and sampled by someone else.  Two more records to mix, two others started, one other about to start.  No time at all for electronics, so I'm a voyeur here.  Trying to ignore the many half finished electronics projects in the corners.  Negra Modelo for me tonight; Guiness sounds swell too. 

emrr said:
Busiest recording year so far, out of 15 straight.   Pretty much everything destined for release; hardly a demo in sight.   Tracking drums the next two days, to be cut up and sampled by someone else.  Two more records to mix, two others started, one other about to start.  No time at all for electronics, so I'm a voyeur here.  Trying to ignore the many half finished electronics projects in the corners.  Negra Modelo for me tonight; Guiness sounds swell too. 

I hear ya bro. If I get the time I hope to release the point to point mother of them all.

I've had quite a busy year, away playing shows a lot .. get back ... few days to get normal again
and wash your stuff .... then out the door !
This is not conducive to "building anything" as you know you need a few days and all my gear is packed away
at the moment, so it's  trip to storage and the shed just to get all the parts / tools back out :-(
I need a "workspace" that is set up and ready to go :-(

Half finished boards are piled up in a plastic storage box, including :

2 x GSSL's and Turbos
Dual 1176
4 x SSL 9k's
2 x Green Pre's
2 x half finished 312's
2 x loaded sets of 1073 boards
2 x loaded LA4 boards  ..... etc etc etc

MM.

I can appreciate that , i do a few different audio related things for a living
that i find it hard to switch gears quickly and settle down to d.i.y.'ing
need some decompress time and then off to the next task , nevermind
trying to reno the house , or enjoy quiet time

Cooler than normal weather here this year so outdoor time has been lessened
beer consumption  steady however , and looking towards the fall to anticipate
income flow & work

I did find 5 days off recently, so went to the mountains and sat on a porch looking at the view.  Got up to go sleep or grill.  Best thing I've done this year. 

These days i'm mixing like crazy, a CD/DVD for a well known local christian band...17 songs plus intros, solos, preaches...But this year i've had lots of free time which i devote to my 1 year old daughter, wife, my 2 beautiful beagles, and of course the PM670, D-AOC, D-LA2A, 1176 i'm building. I'm still working on a hamptone style pre board (my first shot at a "serious" PCB design) with relay switched polarity and pad...working out things as i have some time. Hardly any time to working out on a gym, i'm gaining some weight lately !

My next project is an engine and gearbox swap in this here baby.
Maxine1a.jpg

I'm a Nissan fan 23 years and counting.

That's great, I've had three Nissans over the years, first a Sunny 1.6 estate ( yuk )
then a Bluebird 2.0 GSX which was fab and also a 300 ZX  !!
That was like "shit off a shovel"  :)

MM.

Haven't been here that much.  Fairly busy, though not so much this year.  But I do enough soldering at work that I don't get real excited about doing it at home, so the DIY has been languishing.  But at least I've been brewing beer a decent amount, so I've got something good to drink evenings.  Plus practicing and even playing music.

noulou said:
oi, Rowan, do you call your car Maxine?  ;D ;D ;D

How did you know
grin.gif

I had a Maxine before this too, I trade her for a younger one. Guess I like them young and resilient.

A DIY cluster of BCF/BCR2000s in a console.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-end-theory/332418-poor-mans-icon-big-box-bcf-bcr-2000s-3.html#post4425746

Ermm...

got married in May. Busy changing job into product definition at work, and training the new hire to take my marketing role. Spending my spare time trying to release around 5 new Expat Audio DIY PCB's and 2 or 3 finished products.

/R

I've been asked to do a track for one of my buddy's upcoming record. Once I start it's just gonna go on and on.

Looks like you are Doin great analag! "bout to get a guiness.." really puts it over the top!

as for me,... Ive had almost all my old friends contact me this year. really good original best friends to some of the best people Ive met in the industry. (some have left the music biz by now so you know they are good people! ha!) I have a really interesting facebook page! (and I used to hate that sort of thing.) and I used to live in sarasota knowing some great people and Ive been to shows down there recently and stayed over at old friends homes...a real nice year for old friends for me.

Latest posts

Back