What do you think of this article????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone should tell that poor guy about the C37 laquer, he'll be real bummed he didnt know that he could paint some stuff on the ICs in his player and get real tube warmth.

dave

Planning to go further than freezing my CDs here. I will proceed with pooring liquid nitrogen into my ear canals. This cryogenic treatment should bring the most amazing results to my hearing. All noise should be gone in a few moments. Ouch!!! Oh my God that hurt so bad! But just as I projected the noise floor of my ear is at -140dB.

No, no, no... That's totally messed up. You need to use a red magic marker, not black or green... And, it has to be an El-Marko brand red marker. :roll:

~ Charlie

The "Bidini Clarifier" sounds pretty spooky, but not as etherial as the "Auric Illuminator". Do you buy these from a shop, or do you have a seance and collect them as they dribble down the wall?

ok. nice test for this sucker to try out:

get a cheapo CD room reader and a normal CD. Actually you can include some rust in the recorded surface. I think it´s no problem.

RIP some files.

Now, get a tweaked CD, and a very expensive player. The CD should be clean and tweaked like he suggests.

RIP the same files.

Now, use your computer to compare the files. It will be the same file.

SUCKER!

Can´t this people understand that digital is all about 0 and 1´s?

Will also a CDROM game or a program instalation run with less bugs if tweaked? :roll:

I don´t believe there is actually people out there that eat, fuck and sleep everyday and follows those kind of technics. The same thing with C37. It´s not possible. Maybe it´s just meant as a joke??? :green:

Try freezing your CDs
:green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green:

Sorry, but I´m having a good laght on this page.

Let´s have some bear :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

Those audiofools should spend their money on DIY or maybe beers...

I am constantly amazed at the lack of CD tweaking in the high-end community.

I love the indignant, superior tone of that. The name of this company is apparently Visionary Systems, or something like that. There's the problem: they listen with their eyes.

:green:

Remember those hardwood hockey puck things? You were supposed to place 2 or 3 around the listening room and it improved the 'resonance' of the room. I want to write an article claiming that a listening room with a higher percentage of methane gas sounds much better than a room with normal air. Eat some beans, drink some beer and go listen for yourself...

:guinness: :sam:

[quote author="rafafredd"]
Now, use your computer to compare the files. It will be the same file.
[/quote]

that doesnt mean it sounds the same.

All joking aside, a few years ago I had a job that I sent back for duplication TWICE because there were problems with the manufacturing. The duplicated CD's sounded different than my master, but looking at it on a computer, the files looked identical, however to every last person who listened, the dups sounded WAY different. The whole air on the top was missing from the duplication, yet the computer show identical files with no errors on the duplication. Total mess. Wasnt the first time they had been through that either.

dave

Please, give me a reasonable explanation for the above.

PLEASE, PLEASE, or I´ll go crazy... I can´t belive it. The same info pass throught the same DA and them throught the same amps and it sounds diferent?

I can´t understand this claim.

Is there any reason for this?

About the name of the company, may I add that you shouldn´t be on any visionary plants, fungus or drugs during a listening test?? :green:

Or should I start moding (read painting) my CD´s :shock: ?

explanation, nobody knew what to say. The plant (sony) had seen it before are did the ME that provided the master. Took me 7 months or so to get the whole thing worked out, very frustrating experience. It wasnt unnoticable either, the first time they were happy to take the CDs back, the seocnd time I was like look, Im fedexing you a CD, if you can hear a difference, do these again, fedex came the next day to pick up the CDs...

dave

Latest posts

Back