safety and the lack of it

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats amazing its to read some peple saying non safety grounds made their stuff souds better!
Bunch of idiots.

How poor its Ukraine? i'm not sure they have someone to look over grounding safety.

good luck.

Ok, just one more post to promote myself :)

The GDP per capita is 3,920$ so obviously Ukraina is poor. The existence of a safety authority might be totally irrelevant in a highly corrupted country. After their "orange revolution" things looked good for a while, but not anymore.

There isn't much to be done is this case. They refuse to react. They are selling the gear directly. They are not part of EU of "western" countries. If they had retailers they would be totally paralyzed for a while, but go and sue them in Ukraina. Perhaps after some major damage things could be taken into court though. But you are right, they have _voluntarily_ provided all the material for a case, which I find a bit amusing.

The gear is certainly cheap but knowing that they mainly use military surplus components they have not payed much for and the workforce is cheap they could do much better if they cared. I would be delighted to see well made semi high end stuff coming from these countries which suffer from their past, but I'm not delighted to see that studio owners don't know how electronics work anymore and are not capable to make informed choices _for their own safety_.

-Jonte

Alex, that is so cool!

i was just re visiting the hasselblad legend online, after Kodak shut down all the Kodachrome factories.
they made a bundle as sole distributor for kodachrome, and that funded the camera biz.
then the dad died, and the son took over, and after nasa, it was kind of and end to an era.

how do the hassy digi slr's stack up next to sony/cannon/panasonic?

oh, safety, well, lets see, last nite at 2 am, i had hold of an old hp boat anchor at a 45 degree angle and wobbling, while inserting a swiss army knife for an alignment tool, as it was the only blade that matched well, how often that happens, i can not tell you, any way, threading the knife blade throough enemy territory, (open B+ lines) luckily this tube set runs balanced at -150 plus 150, so i t's caz.

after taking up free solo rock climbing, safety in electronics is now a moot point.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PSPWAC12

Forget the audiophool pricing. Detachable ground lug.  WTF? 

PS Audio is a much larger company than HCL, US based, and even has some some mainstream distribution (they are featured in large volume mail order catalogs).  I thought that this is illegal.... how does a high profile company get away with this?

I suppose the doctor with the $60,000 Hifi can resuscitate his wife when she sprays the Windex on the open top tube amp while touching the ungrounded chassis, and the lawyer with the $75,000 home theater can sue for death and dismemberment damages when it happens in his house.

Emperor Tomato Ketchup said:
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PSPWAC12

Forget the audiophool pricing. Detachable ground lug.  WTF? 

PS Audio is a much larger company than HCL, US based, and even has some some mainstream distribution

I was inside one of their phono preamps.  It had an IEC inlet, but the ground wasn't connected to the metal chassis.  It also didn't look like it qualified as double insulated.  I figured it was just an old unit, but if they are promoting that idea ...

Oh man the trade in offer has ended

and you'd think the shorter ones would work better ,
or maybe the longer ones are harder to design
Hence the 600.00-900 pricing

Maybe i'll offer a retrofit service for the power leads from the transformer
in exisiting units , how does 350.00 sound ?

Labour must be very very very cheap in Ukraine:
http://papa-movie.com/Distortion_Box_4_chasis.jpg

Jaakko, I really envy your patience. Good work.

Latest posts

Back