Mouser keeps sending me 10 pound catalogs - WTF?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digi as well.

I order stuff at work so I get 2 sets of Mouser/Digi 10lbs catalogs routinely.

That and the 5 different phone books I get through out the year.  Canceling does not seem to do anything.

Glad I'm not a tree.

Mike

My biggest irritation is when you buy something from a company and they include a catalog heavy enough to increase the shipping cost..

arghh  At least digi/mouse doesn't do that while we do pay for the catalogs ultimately.

JR

shabtek said:
same here, got one yesterday.
Me too. I tossed in the garbage in the PO lobby. I have canceled a few times too and they just keep coming.

How much do you think they spend on those catalogs? I'm sure they are getting a pretty good deal but man, what a bunch of wasted money.

Jeff

The worst was when I worked for the man, and those catalog dopes would send them to me, my assistant, the owner, the receptionist-
any name they could get.
That being said, I still prefer leafing through the catalog as opposed to searching through 20 pages of a "specific" search.
Mike

sodderboy said:
That being said, I still prefer leafing through the catalog as opposed to searching through 20 pages of a "specific" search.

Agreed.

That is why I like to keep one by the desk.  I just don't need a new one every 6 weeks.

Mike

sodderboy said:
The worst was when I worked for the man, and those catalog dopes would send them to me, my assistant, the owner, the receptionist-
any name they could get.
Mike

+1

I'm in the middle of some design work and searching the website sucks... paper works better for getting a grasp of the options... I guess I need to page through the catalog on the internet... doh

JR

Take care to not ship to anywhere else than the billing address. Or you get one there too... At one point I was getting three copies of each catalogue. I managed to reduce this to one now.

Samuel

I like having both the paper catalog, AND the ability to search online. But one catalog per year is plenty fresh enough for me.

I have about 25-30 paste-it-notes marking the pages I go to on a regular basis. I really don't have the desire to locate the corresponding pages in a new catalog and move or re-mark them...every month or two.  :mad:

Sometimes with the morning coffee, I just flip thru page by page looking for a never seen before treasure/item. I need a real life maybe.  :'( That is easier in paper form.

Digi respects when i ask them not to sent anymore
but every so often after an order i get another

and agreed i find it easier to go to my corner bent sections
than searches on the internet site

Where I live we have go go down to the post office to our po box and get our mail.
Every so often we will find key in our box with locker number that generally means my wife or I have received
a package from ebay or other mail order.  ;D

"Oh no a mouser catalog"  ::)

Same here. Best thing you can do... recycle.

Ha ha ha! I just noticed a little message printed at the top of the spine: "RECYCLE ME"

Got another one today.

This time I called the phone number. And I think I'm actually removed this time. The woman on the phone was very helpful and happy to take care of it. I don't know why i didn't do that sooner.

I just got a post card from Digi asking if and how I want their catalogs. I selected "don't ever send me one". I will use the online PDF.

Now, maybe Mouser will follow Digi's lead. The cost has to be huge for all that wasted paper.

Thanks for reminding me.  I hate the waste of paper and need to cancel these paper catalogs.  Sweetwater is the worst waste off all the catalogs, yet smaller  ;)

Latest posts

Back