Calrec EQ - addition of Relay switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Many thanks to Gyraf for pointing me int he right direction
A lot of threads about relays at the moment - and I am adding another

So I can use a EAO Highland Switch as a input to a relay which controls the shelving switches in the Calrec EQ.
These are small 8 mm square latching illuminated switches - going for around £4 for the base switch from Canford (with red or green or blue face plates) and 12v (or 24v or 47v) lamps
It is the Normally Open latching low level version fo the switch
I have a few of them in my tool box and want to know how to wire them up to replace the 2 pole and 4 pole Alps latching switches

I have four solder contacts on the switch
I presume that 2 of these contacts are for the Lamp and the other two are the actual switch contact

If I buy a four way relay (please help on an example part number) and connect them up - what is the wiring to the 4 pole and 2 pole holes on the PCB/Schematic

Is the best way to supply 12v AC to the lamp and use this to power the relay
I am proposing to have a separate 12v AC supply just for this...

okay - I have done some digging around and found these parts...

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=177240&N=401

It's a bit expensive £9 for a 4pole NO relay at 12volts...
I was planning to do a separate feed to the relay and Pushbutton lamp of 12V (not quite sure whether to do AC or DC)

Here is another one...
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=186478&N=401
This is a 4PCO instead of a 4PNO

Am i on the rightlines with either of these?

Ebay score
Brand new boxed 24v 4PCO relays
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=170881&N=401
20 of them for £15

I think I know what I am doing so am going to do a prototype board to connect the whole things up..
This is my plan - am I on the right tracks?

24v DC -> pushbutton left terminal -> pushbutton right terminal ->
relay coil terminal pin 1 -> relay coil terminal pin 2 ->
12v pushbutton lamp left terminal -> 12v pushbutton lamp right terminal

then on the out of the relay
and load of NO/NC and common terminals to the 4 pole pads on the Calrec PCB (actually 6 pads for a 4 pole switch)
(it will take me a few days to find out which ones go where...)

One question - do I just use standard regulation (like on a PSU to get the 24v DC down to 12v DC for the lamp)
I also have a horrible horrible feeling that the lamp is going to require AC.. then I have two options - feed the lamp with 12v AC or replace it with a LED and hang a resistor off that to ground...

Okay - back to the saga for anybody interested
got the voltage sorted...
One thing is worrying me......

The relays I have are changeover - does that mean that when I switch them in with a latching NO pushbutton - they automatically latch the circuit

Or do I need to build a latching relay circuit?

Or am I totally fine?

many thanks teach
:grin:

I am slowly getting it - it's much better this way - being slighly pointed int he right direction so I can get my own answers
You would not believe how many documents on relays I have read this week - I am finally gettin it...

Latest posts

Back