Anyone heard of SoZo capacitors? Any reviewers?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  Yeah another bow-teek cap for guitar amp dweebs who believe that another $part$ is gonna make up for their lack of skills: You know the way that a 500$ tube screamer make one a better guitar player!

yes they are a boutique brand of capacitors made for guitar players and have started doing pro audio capacitor values. I know guys who have used them in their amps. Often said they enhance the sound of the guitar amps they put them in but that's so subjective.  Never heard anything bad about them.

Heard of and used Sozo's, much cheaper than most of those bewteeek caps. Greg (Drip Electronics) seems to swear by them, suggests them for all of his projects.

The only instance I've heard of someone NOT liking them was in a Trainwreck Express clone - found them a bit harsh.  However, that's a borderline unstable circuit, very temperamental and aggressive sound to begin with so probably a case of good tool but wrong for the job at hand.

A link posted a few times at this site might help.

http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/downloads_5.html

Note what can happen with the voltage difference from plate to plate increasing.

Think about this, what is the PI plate voltage to grid of a fixed bias output tubes in some tube amps, etc?

It works when I click on it.  I wonder what could be different?

Latest posts

Back