Mouser now has reverse log audio taper pots

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kato

Maybe they always have I don't know, but the new catalog says "new product."

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=313-1550F-

This is for the search engine because I looked for a long time before finding them.

reverse log antilog audio taper mouser pot potentiometer

you could use the 25K rev log pot for the 312 circuit (originally 22K rev log).
i've only used omeg 22K rev log pots from audio maintenance ltd. (colin / slenderchap) in my 4 channels, but there should only be a slight difference in gain with the pot rotation (if any) using the 25K rev log.
as for quality of the pot, that's for you to decide. ;)
regards,
grant

"1,000 On Order  Estimated Ship Date 9/18/2009"

The 16mm Alphas are entirely suitable for $99 systems, but out of place on $9,999 systems. For two-bucks, they are certainly worth a try.

hi PRR,
i absolutely agree.
my above post was not meant to imply that alpha pots were inferior in any way.
acutally, 80% of my builds have them as they fit within my budget.  i know they may not be as good as some other pots made of different and more robust elements and better mechanical assemblies.

my last statement was just referring to this question:
brazilianwonderboy said:
Would these be good for a 312 type circuit?
i was not clear if by good barzilianwonderboy was referring to the quality of the pot, thus my final statement.
respectfully,
grant

helterbelter said:
detonator said:
There's an online store in Holland who has them for quite some time, And cheap too.

http://www.newtone-online.nl/catalog/index.php?cPath=27_70

What ?!?!? I have never seen this site before ! And it offers a lot of goods for cheap that I can use. Thanks !

Hi, my first post here. I've recently bought components from this site http://www.musikding.de/index.php/cat/c100_rev-log-pots.html. May be useful if anyone hasn't come across it before. Infact, they seem to sell similair items, connected perhaps?

Christian

hi,

I recently had very bad experience with alpha 16mm carbon pots. soldered 3 (absolutely new) in a guitar amp, all 3 very noisy and awfully scratchy . had to throw them away and replace them with used omegs from an old gear. No problem after that (so, my design wasn't the problem, I think...). I was so angry that I promised to myself I'll never buy cheap Alpha 16mm carbon pots again. In my whole life.

That said, perhaps those do not match my soldering skills, and may be perfect for the price for some applications.

regards,
Laurent.

Laurent, If DC is getting through to your pots, it's normal for for that to produce scratchiness in a cheaper pot with a carbon resistive element. The conductive plastic element in the Omeg will ameliorate the problem. So it doesn't mean the pots are necessarily bad on arrival, just wrong for the application. With properly blocked DC, a cheap carbon pot could work fine.

I'm not a knowledgeable engineer. I'm just repeating shit I've heard. In other words: I could be wrong.

FYI, banzaieffects.com carry a lot of rev log pots. they have ALPHAs in 9, 16, and 25mm, but also PEC, MEC, BOURNS, CTS, and ALESSANDRO.

PRR said:
"1,000 On Order  Estimated Ship Date 9/18/2009"

The 1ks were supposed to be in stock this week, but I just got a mouser update e-mail that they too are delayed...

313-1550F-1K            REV AUDIO 1K                  4       
                        Taiwan Alpha 16mm Carbon Potentiometers
We expect to fill the complete quantity by 09-18-09, partial quantities may be available earlier.

Back