a really noob question.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleasurehead

Hi. Please forgive me if im a little dumb here being a beginner and all! My problem is that ive spent a small amount of time looking through old threads but unfortunately i dont know any of the terminology so am a little lost. Ive had a lot of answers to a thread i started, asking for book suggestions which i will address very soon. Im just trying to work out how far i can really go with this. Is there anyone here who started with on knowledge at all? Am i right im thinking that i could get to a stage where i can build the post of pre's and reverbs ive only ever dreamed about? If so, i can hardly contain myself! Thats really exciting! Does anyone here build their own reverb units?

you can do it. i knew nothing 3 years ago. the only source for my learning has been books and the internet.(the meta section) some will say i still know nothing!! :D
but its enough that i've built a g7 tube mic, an mxl royer mod microphone,a hamptone LCMP mic  pre and about to finish the D-Aoc compressor. and i plan on doing more
none of these projects were without there share of problems, but i learned from my mistakes.for a complete beginner(like myself) i would recommend you read
Electronics for Dummies by Wiley
Getting Started in Electronics by Forrest Mim
the skies the  limit.it all depends on how much you want it.
good luck and welcome to the forum

for digital reverbs you'll need to have knowledges about dsp programing and algorytmic. unless you have access to lexicon or tc algorythms, i guess it's nearly impossible to program such well sounding algorythms yourself...

a diy convolution module would be greeeeat and a lot easier than programming a room simulation...:) that's quite a lot of work anyway i guess !

Latest posts

Back