Another Igor Monitor Controller completed...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob_gould

Hi All,

It's taken a while due to various setbacks, but here's my Passive Monitor Controller built from the excellent kit that Igor supplies.

I decided to change things a bit because I wanted to have the whole thing in a 1RU case.  This meant all the veroboard and ribbon cable that you see in the pics!

Thanks to Frank @ NRG for the panel, and Sinestar Audio for a couple of pointers along the way.

Big thanks of course to Igor who has been extremely generous with his time and helping me with other bits too during this build.  Amazing customer service - the big companies could learn a thing or two from you  ;D

Cheers,

Rob

Pics :

PMC_front.JPG

PMC_side.JPG

PMC_logo.JPG

PMC_inside.JPG

PMC_on.JPG

Hi Rob, now I understand what were all these questions with fitting the thing into 1RU!
:)
Congrats, and looks really cool! I like the idea and maybe will do in future
control board which can be fit into 1RU.

Absolutely amazing.

BTW, what is the small veroboard at side? Delay for power supply going to audio board?
Or this switches down the power to relays?

Igor said:
BTW, what is the small veroboard at side? Delay for power supply going to audio board?
Or this switches down the power to relays?

Hi Igor,

Glad you like :)

That small board is just a bistable flip flop.  I had a power switch that fitted the build pefectly but was momentary rather than latching, so the little circuit takes care of that.

As Joe Jackson* said - "Gotta look sharp!"

Looks fantastic

* Respected English singer/songwriter circa late seventies till today-  not to be confused with Michael Jacksons daddy:)

AHA!!!! Cool. It was possible to move a bit things inside the box, anyway, I really impressed.
Rob, how do you like the sound of controller?

Igor said:
Rob, how do you like the sound of controller?

It sounds great. Very transparent - I can't hear a difference at all with it in the signal path.  To be fair, I have not done an A/B comparison with it in and out of the signal path all in the same session, but my first impression is that it sounds completely clean.

stitch-o said:
The irony of your logo is awesomely hilarious!!

Nice work!

Ha - yeah I wondered if anyone would pick up on that.  It's a nod towards the heavy bass of the music I write, whilst simultaneously trying to acknowledge my occasionally dubious DIY skills ;D

Probably not the name for company that was going to sell stuff commercially though!

Wow!  Impressive! This gives me the idea to run this vertical in a 1u for the mixer I am dreaming up... That will save some real estate!

Latest posts

Back