Any body have any experince with these www.eco-trust.com ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10827

Hi Guys,

I have sold some speakers to nice chap in Germany, he would like to use the escrow service from these people,

http://www.eco-trust.com/

i have never used any thing like this,

any opinions or thoughts welcome,

best

Pete

I never trust the escrow system and refuse to use it.
If it's for a large amount ( I'm guessing your wonderful HUGE speakers from your ad )
then the cost of a Euro transfer is one flat fee so whist prohibitive for small amounts, it
wouldn't make a huge difference on a £1000 + transfer for example. ( it costs about £18 to do )
If you get him to use the IBAN codes it's also safe, so as soon as you see it, it's in and cannot
be cancelled.

Cheers,
Marty.

Hi Marty,

he seems a honest chap, he links to a studio in Germany, http://www.ml-audio.com/,

he said that the escrow system enables a third party to hold the money whilst he checks the speakers, once checked and ok then he tells the third party to pay me...

sounds reasonable to me, i think, not sure what could go wrong, he keeps the speakers and does get in touch with the third party i get paid any way,....i guess its ok?

thanks Marty,

pete

sinestaraudio said:
sounds reasonable to me, i think, not sure what could go wrong, he keeps the speakers and does get in touch with the third party i get paid any way,....i guess its ok?

Too much safety for the buyer, less for the seller, if you ask me.

What if he decides not to release the money ??
Should be paid for and if he has any problem then ships 'em back to
you for a refund at his expense.

Sorry but I'm just not that trusting of strangers, studio or  not!

MM.

Banks in EU offer "EU-wire transfer service", it's fast & cheap.
Your client needs your bank accounts IBAN number and SWIFT address, that's all.
Simple & safe, 3 days in transfer is cheap, if you want 24hrs service it costs more. Ask your bank for their specific T.O.S.

hmm eco trust seems to be a barrister service.
If your package gets lost or damaged he could assert that the buyer does not need to pay the whole amound... the package should be insured anough
and you should point out that it is a "privat sell without return and garanty".
In germany: "Privatverkauf, Rücknahme und Garantie ausgeschlossen".
Take photos of the speakers. I dont think theres a problem but if you have a bad feeling just sell it to a nother one who pays the normal way.

thanks guys,

well in the end he decided to do IBAN /swift, as we had lots of conversations he felt like he could trust me,

so all is good!

;)

Back