More clarity from a Moogerfooger phaser - mod it?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

living sounds

I've got an  MF-103 pedal, and while I like the possibilities and the general sound I'd also prefer more definition and clarity. Compared to the dry signal there is quite a lot of degradation. Has anyone attempted a mod? Does it make any sense to change caps for better ones etc. or is the signal loss inavoidable (due to BBDs etc.)? I've build a Haible Dimension D clone which is quite a lot more transparent (using good quality parts all the way through), so I thought there might be a chance to get better performance from the Moogerfooger.

Thanks!
Gregor

Tough one without a schem !  ... and unlikely to find one for that baby !
That can be a problem with time based mod pedals, I like the ones with a wet/dry balance
such as the old 80's Pearl and Yamaha's.
Lots of them, including Boss just seem too "wet" and do sound like you put a blanket over the
speakers !
If you can tap into the "mix" area on the board then you could add a wet/dry balance pot.

MM.

Yes, but with a wet/dry balance pot you get - less wet. I'd like the effect intensity to stay the same.

I don't want to start modding without a plan. This is not a 30 bucks chinese mic after all.

is this an old design where they compensated for older parts / stability ?
look for caps to ground ?
but as marty said whithout a schematic ,you're going to be tracing it
anyway , maybe it is based off of older schematics / modular and
there maybe some hints there ?

Back