4 Channel Neve EZ1290 Finally Completed!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachs

This has taken quite a long time, only thanks to me... it's actually been done for probably a year, I just never finished up the faceplate and the finishing touches. Saw it sitting in the garage so lonely, so I took a few hours and finished her off. Huuuuge thanks to madriaanse for all of his work and help on this project, it's amazing.

This was my first real DIY build, and I really tried hard to keep the wiring/insides as clean and neat as possible, I think I did a great job on it.

Madriaanse 1290 Neve Boards
All parts to his exact specs
JLM Go Betweens for Phase/Pad/Phantom
4 Pin XLR for external power
Neve-ish knobs from Phoenix Audio I got a while ago.
I painted a blank front panel in some Neve-ish blue I found at the hardware store.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

nice, very tidy.  I like the utilitarian design ;D
Whats the battleship grey colour you used?

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! Can't wait to use them, hopefully trouble free. Knobs like I said are Phoenix Audio, not sure what I paid or if he offers them these days, like I said I got them a while ago when he had some spares.

mrclunk: haha yea thanks... I think it looks nice though, who needs descriptions! Color is Rust-Oleum Outdoor Decor Satin Finish Federal Blue, beautiful color.

hobiesound: Using a JLM Power Station, 5 rails total, 1 pair for each set of boards, using a 4 pin XLR.

Back