EZ1290 Deluxe edition..

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3nity

I did this preamp few months ago.
Here are some shot for the interested people.
Carnhill transformes in and out, JLM Fet DI with on/off switch. JLM Go between and of course Martins boards.
Also you see in the picture the T-rex but i changed to a linear psu....since the current was to much to handle for the Trex.

steve1290.JPG

steve1290-2.JPG

steve1290-3.JPG

steve1290-6.JPG

Do any measurements/listening tests with/without trim?
Which pot did you end up using?

Forgot to mention i needed the JLM fet DI on the back.
But then the mic would be bypassed with an instrument cable always hooked...

Joe at JLM gave me the idea to make it switchable by lifting 2 contacts of the 1/4" socket...

Now you can leave everything hooked to the ins and outs and with the help of a switch make it switchable!

Thanks

Nice work 3nity

I was going to use a TREX supply as well. My thoughts were that it pumped out 1A of current. Is this not enough juice to power two EZ1290's?

What was your alternative then? A JLM AC/DC?

I liked the idea of the TREX because it could be used with that external 48v switchmode supply and avoid any power transformer hum issues that I was concerned may arise, or at least have arisen on other projects I have made.

Would love to hear your view.

Thanks!

BTW, deuc224 - did my user name inspire you :)

Well yeah it is enough but i didnt felt comfortable when powering 2 x 1290s with FET di's.
I changed to a JLM AC/DC 3 rails.

Sometimes when pushing the power button no power came out of it...and sometimes it would...

You using DI's on yours? cuz i used the Trex on another couple of 1290 with nothing but 48V and it works just fine!!

BTW those FET DIs sound very focused and clear to me!!

Thanks.

I can't find these boards? Am I blind? I searched all over for them.

Deuce42, lol, naw, deuc is a lil sayin and 224 is my initials! But ill give u a lil credit if u help me find these boards  :D

Latest posts

Back