wsw info needed on limiters

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehehe finally ..right dennis

Congratulations mate

you have probbably one of rarest geramnium begrenzers ever made !!!!!
;)

The model number is show on the backplate pictured.
Where also the year of production is.

I just got

40+ input WSW black desk module with passive EQS
20 other mixed modules
2 sets of HI pass and low pass filter
2 sets of Kompressors with stereo link..actually that are BUS compressors from black desk
few Universal preamps 811403

WSW IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a line module for transmission along long distances, the knob on the left
is marked "Leitungslänge" or "line length", and the unit is kilometers :)

What's written on the other knobs? Doesn't come out of the photo.

if it is like mine than

first knob is gain reduction.. kompression grade from 0-14 db

mid knob is release time in seconds!!!!

for third im not sure ....could be make up or dunno what  ::)

The first knob is "km Leitunglänge" (=line length) in km in 2 km steps. (0-14 km.)
The second knob is a finer "Leitungslänge" control, in 0.5 km steps (0-2 km.)
The third knob is for compensation of the line loss ("Leitungsdämpfung", 0-5 dB)
It seems to be a line amplifier used by a broadcasting station or PTT to compensate the losses in long lines.

I think Damir was right here guys.
I got the wsw racks today and two had stickers on them witch said "vocal corrector"
Uploading pics soon.

Pictures http://home.deds.nl/~modular/dump/wsw/

Does anyone know where/how to get a knob?
And does anyone know the pinout off these modules?

ah yes, yee olde passive telephone line equalizers.  First euro version I've ever seen.  Look very much like the RCA and WE types over here. 

RuudNL said:
The first knob is "km Leitunglänge" (=line length) in km in 2 km steps. (0-14 km.)
The second knob is a finer "Leitungslänge" control, in 0.5 km steps (0-2 km.)
The third knob is for compensation of the line loss ("Leitungsdämpfung", 0-5 dB)
It seems to be a line amplifier used by a broadcasting station or PTT to compensate the losses in long lines.

I'll trust that info is correct; appears to be.  On top of that, I only see transformers, attenuators, inductors, and capacitors in your photos.  That would be a passive EQ.  Lastly, as I already said, they look almost exactly like the american designs from RCA, Western Electric, Gates, Collins, etc etc.  There is only one passive limiter I can think of, made by RCA, which is based around inductors.  This is clearly not anything like that.  One used equalizers like this to compensate for high frequency losses in miles of copper telephone line.  They cut all lower frequencies, leaving a high boost at a resonant frequency.  Usually between a broadcast station and a transmitter, or between hardwired stations at a distance. 

What makes you think limiter here?

Latest posts

Back