Oi, Londoners!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSLtech

Hear ye... hear ye!

Be it known that the fat idiot known as 'SSLtech' is presently menacing the glorious British isles with the threat of a visit. -Should such a visit take place, it is anticipated that the SSLtech family will be visiting -for a few days in the latter part of said visit- the fabled city of London, where -it has been foretold- the streets are paved with solder, and the Gardner transformers run free.

As part of the preliminary negotiations within the SSLtech household, it has been established that there should be an evening set aside from family duties for the free release of his excellency Admiral Lord Keef (seventeenth in line to the Earldom of Tavistock, commissioner for Oaths, and small bets placed) that he may -for one evening- carouse, imbibe and otherwise demean the tone of the city, in the company of other like-minded technical folk. (Or -in the vernacular of Mrs. SSLtech- "for you to hang out with your beer-drinking-idiot friends")

The actual date has not yet been precisely established, but is likely to be in or around the third and fourth week of November. -Since this coincides with the holiday known (in the American Colonies) as 'thanksgiving', it has been observed that the inhabitants of said colonies will have a little extra to celebrate this year... -since there will now remain rather more imported beer to share around.

Hearty welcome to all who set foot within this thread; -may the lord have mercy on your souls.

So...

In broad terms, who's likely to be around for a get-together/knees-up/geek-natter?

Step forward, confess thy name, and be counted!

Keef

Ah... Top-hole, Sir Martin!

We may relive the glorious days of the fair borough of Halebank, of the pasture at Pickering, and of the oiks of Clapgate!

Keef

And don't forget the "Odors of the Grannox"  !!!   :p :p :p

I remember one hot summer when a lorry load of offal was spilt at the roundabout next to the queens hall !!!!

I believe that Yves Saint-Laurent are developing a powerful scent named "Midnight at the Granox"

It's a fragrance which is best saved for those moments when a room has to be cleared.

I may need some help with the location... -I hear that Peter Purpose has picked a pack of pukka places!

Keef

I'll be heading to the Northwest in fact... Liverpool (where I will give Mark Burnley an earful for deserting the forums on the ragged excuse of parenthood!) and possibly Southport.

No plans to visit Bolton, Burnley, Blackburn, Bury or any of the other 'B-towns', but if you're willing to drive to the 'pool, I could see my way to a Northern re-enactment of the battle!

;)

Keef

I, Roderick, the second Duke Of Edinburgh shall be present during this time. It would be an honour to don my beer-helmet in your presence.

SSLtech said:
... possibly Southport.

I grew up in a backwards farming community a few miles north of Southport. I hear it's still a good place to get into a fight, especially if you're a premiership footballer!

I, Sir Mix-a-lot,(yes, I know there has been a pretender to the Title, but he is a Colonial Septic, and hence hath NO real claim to the Title) would be most grateful if thou, Lord Admiral Keith, wouldst permit my presence at said gathering, date, weather, and other inclemencies notwithstanding. Let the Ale Pour, and the Geekary be obscene in nature!

Forsirrah and forsooth,

For better and for worse(worse,I expect!)

ANdy Sir Mix-a-lot P

So... Sir Martin of Hanwell, Sir Roderick the second Duke of Edinborough and Sir Andy of strangebounce...

Anyone else willing to publicly confess their cenosilicaphobia?

Keith

cenosilicaphobia . . .

fantastic! I normally stick to that disorders I can Spell, let alone heard of before! I had to look it up . . .

DEFINITELY need to form a self-help group for that!

I, Sir Matthew of the Lothians, third in line to the throne of the Kingdom of Northumbria, and patron saint of the Little Chefs, would be honoured to stomach much alebrue in the presence of such gentry.

Capital!

My good lady (she of the disparaging comments concerning my ever-aggregating waistline) is arranging such matters as our winged conveyance towards and from that sceptered isle. Once she has satisfied herself with the arrangements, I shall doubtless at that time be privy to the details.

She has expressed a preference to spend her own birthday there, that being the twentieth of November, but whether we will be in the far northern shire or in the golden city, I presently know not... but I plan to make merry sometime around that number.

Ah, with such a merry band, we may well progress to some serious carousing.. On with the quaffing!!!

Keith

there's my personal moderator, kev, i need a spankin!
ive mis handled the brits.
again.
you know how tempremental ol keefer gets, yessir, i love to bait that ol man.
good to see ya sparky.!

i thought the sharks got ya!
:) :) :) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :)

and one for pat moreford jus for ol times sake....

pat, you Still Suck!

??? ??? ??? ??? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :( :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

and no wonder they call it the queens language, i get it now, it is al becoming clear... ;)

oh, and when is our next update?

jfi2kn.jpg

there woz a time I used to worry about you and Keef

but then I  leern..nnnned
there was no point to worrying

and if
Peter wants to pick a pack of purple pukka places
then
well
as usual I don't know what any of this means

;D
but it does make me laugh