Musicians, recording engineers don't require high-end gear?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want it , buy it
If you can't afford it , make it
If you can't tell , listen
If you want to argue , debate it

most of all, enjoy it

you guys are hilarious.

All the hifi/audiophiles I know are into 1930's triode amps and horn speakers.....made in the 1930's.  Some of that stuff sounds amazing.  Some don't.  Whatever.  

peranders said:
Wow, lot's of opinions without my help. Nevertheless, it's fun to design without having to be scientific all the time. DIY is fun just because you don't have to adopt to a particular taste.

There is a good word mentioned here fetischism.

Q: Cowboy Junkies, "Miles From Our Home", why adding distortion to an acoustic act? It sounds horrible in my electrostatic speakers.

See that's where you audiophiles fail time and time again. Music isn't a question of specification. It doesn't sound horrible, the producer probably thought it enhanced the song. Acoustic act = no distortion. Says who?

guess it's specified like that in some secret audiophile codex, but that has nothing to do with music or real world.

You audiophiles wear your electrostatic speakers like a gimp-ball.

Guy's I would drop this thread like a "Hot Potato" ..... it's going NOWHERE !!

Audio-foolery is not why we are here ......

.... now where did I put that oxygen free tooth pick ??

MM.

Kingston said:
See that's where you audiophiles fail time and time again. Music isn't a question of specification. It doesn't sound horrible, the producer probably thought it enhanced the song. Acoustic act = no distortion. Says who?
I say it sounds not particularly pleasant. Have you listen to electrostatic sound? I like it as long as I not play hardrock, a bit soft and diffuse.

Back