Telefunken W690 PinOut German-English Translation please!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fonkyfork

Can somebody please help me? Do I read this right?
Input:
4: +
20: -
12: Ground?

Out:
1: +
22: -
23 - 2: Connect?

Power:
14: +24V
13: -24V???

What do I do with pin nr:
7 - 19?
3 - 21?

Thanks for ANY kind of help!
/J
373821642.jpg

373822390.jpg

fonkyfork said:
Input:
Yes, Gehause is enclosure

Out:
1: + of winding #1
23: - of winding #1
2: + of winding #2
22: - of winding #2

Power:
13: 0v
In good German broadcast conformity, the supply is unipolar
7 - 19?
These are the connections for a gain adjust resistor (value should be given in the manual. If you don't have it, you will have to experiment; ther's no risk of damaging the unit or being harmed in any way.
This is the end of travel switch (fader-start)

abbey road d enfer said:
fonkyfork said:
Input:
Yes, Gehause is enclosure

Out:
1: + of winding #1
23: - of winding #1
2: + of winding #2
22: - of winding #2

Power:
13: 0v
In good German broadcast conformity, the supply is unipolar
7 - 19?
These are the connections for a gain adjust resistor (value should be given in the manual. If you don't have it, you will have to experiment; ther's no risk of damaging the unit or being harmed in any way.
This is the end of travel switch (fader-start)

Sorry to revive this ancient thread but I'm wiring up these faders at the moment. What should I do with the shield wire from the XLR in this case?

I connected all module "Gehäuse" pins in parallel and back to the chassis ground bolt.  0V is also grounded there close to the power XLR it is entering from. Do  I run a wire through all ground pins (#1) on the XLR sockets to the chassis ground, and then just run the two audio leads to the modules and that's it? Leaving the shield wire disconnected at the module?

Cheers,
R

So I put this whole project on hold and recently connected two of these W690 faders. Everything works great, but they don't give me that extra gain I wanted. The preamp function isn't working, the gain that goes in comes out the same when at 0db.

I'm guessing this is because of the 7-19 pins that need a resistor between them. The manual mentions that if a  20-1300 Ohm resistor is inserted between these pins, the gain can be adjusted between 10-20db in order to calibrate it to the specific system. Is that what I'm looking for?

I'd like these to act as a sort of line amp between other modules, helping me to hot th transformers harder when needed.

What kind of resistor do I need? Would 1300 Ohm mean 10 or 20db? Am I even right that this is what's missing? Both faders behave the same.

Thanks
R

flextone said:
What kind of resistor do I need? Would 1300 Ohm mean 10 or 20db? Am I even right that this is what's missing? Both faders behave the same.
I would think the lower the resistor the higher the gain. That's the way it usually is. You may try any value without any risk, though.

Thanks, seems you are right according to the little table in the pdf, I'll try a 20 Ohm resistor.

What do you make of the two output transformer windings? Should I connect both windings to achieve full gain, and if so how?

Latest posts

Back