New design API 525... UPDATE.. METAL IN..PCBs IN

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice peter

A couple of PCBs for me !!

new_525_front.jpg

I'll do me own metel work Mr.p  as BLUE is the colour !! ;D ;D

GARY

About adding a FET to the meter circuit, I had this in mind. I didn't try it on a breadboard (which would have to be done) but it looks good when I plotted out the voltages.
Similar to a 1176, a second FET mirrors the one in the audio path. Both FETs would share the same cv, so you wouldn't need the meter path on the original schematic anymore (cr3, cr4, r53, r55, c12, r54,r68,cr6).
Since the resistance of the FET is loglinear with cv, the meter voltage from this divider has to go to a log scaled (dB) LED driver. Since you want to see GR steps, something like the LM3915 since it gives even dB increments.
I couldn't figure out how to change the fullscale range on the LM3915 this morning, however. 30dB fs is more than needed. Maybe it could be adjusted or a different chip would give the range you want...

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 76
dmp said:
I couldn't figure out how to change the fullscale range on the LM3915 this morning, however. 30dB fs is more than needed.

Couldn't you just leave off the LEDs you didn't want, ie, only use the first 5 for a 15 db scale?

You could leave off some leds, but you wouldn't have as much detail in the meter.
It would be nice to have 10 steps either 1dB/led or 2dB/led.

looking good peter!

is the bypass going to be "hard wire"? i find it very useful to have a true bypass on comps and eqs - that way you can leave a few of them in your recording chain and just drop different ones in and out without the colour of going through all the different boxes in "partial bypass". useful for situations where you don't have a patchbay.

regardless i'm very interested in a few channels.

Latest posts

Back