Show me your DIY Studio, Rig, Setup or Gear!!!! - 2009

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice AMT-8.  :)  I have one from the good old e-magic days sitting beside my only remaining outboard synths, all Waldorf.  Sold and bought many over the years these remain.

[silent:arts] said:
no single nonDIY analogue gear in my rack

IMG_5809.jpg

MartyMart said:
Some ( not all ) of my DIY goodies mixed with some commercial stuff.

117755261.jpg

117755471.jpg

117755579.jpg
Marty how is your DIY 1176 doing compared to the UA gear? From memory, I found the Mnats 1176 Rev D with Metal resistors and Hairball transformers to be cleaner and not as smooth as the UA 1176LN stuff.

bitman said:
This was my summer project - Sorry crappy cel phone video.
The software plugins to drive the bcrs and BCF Busses section were DIY as well as the console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5k9ImcS0I

Oh man, hahaha !

And ? Does it give the control you need ?

canidoit said:
Marty how is your DIY 1176 doing compared to the UA gear? From memory, I found the Mnats 1176 Rev D with Metal resistors and Hairball transformers to be cleaner and not as smooth as the UA 1176LN stuff.

Those are just front plates, waiting to have "the guts" added :)
They are complete with correct pots/ VU's and some sub boards inside but that's it.

The 1176 is an mnats Rev J with OEP in and Lundahl out, sounds fantastic !!

MM.

Dagoose's studio looks incredible, a work of art and i want all of Volkers blueness too.

sonicamusic_rack_control01.jpg

More diy in here than i realized.
GSSL, G1176, API 312's, Drip LA2A's, Valve pre's inc opto comps, valve eq's and i count the BBC eq's too as they were close to a rebuild. All the turquoise stuff is point to point, took ages not sure if i have the patients now. (note fire extinguisher)

Latest posts

Back