Help with Elma 2 deck 24 position switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brolik

I'm about to put together the gain and threshold switches for my poor man, but I can't figure out how to get it apart. I guess it's possible to solder in the resistors without taking it apart, but it's gonna be a real bitch. Any experiences or help? I have the Elma 04 series that Ptown sells on diypartssupply.com. Thanks

Matt Sommer

Don't take it apart, just be careful and bent the leads carefully and pre cut them. Toss some Heat shrink on the bare lead side if you want them to be classy.

As a side note look at some of the older Neve documents on the AMS-Neve websites.
Places of interest is the 1081 and 1073/84 manuals as it's outlined and illustrated very well there.

Kaz

images

i didn't think so, but I unscrwed and pulled and didn't get anywhere. Figured I'd ask before I pull to hard a break something. Thanks for your help guys.
;D ;D ;D

Matt

Yeah, You'll have to take them apart to get around the screw. No way you can solder all resistors without taking them apart...

It surely is possible but not fun. First time is guaranteed to to be a PITA. Shunt type attenuators are so easy that it is really not needed to disassemble anything, but ladder gets easily a bit messy. But I still do it.
I bend the lug behind the screw a lot, and some of the following lugs a bit to help soldering.

-Jonte

I've only done a couple so far myself and I left them together and did one ring at a time. Not easy, but it is possible. I'd love to find a less expensive DIY options of the Goldpoint switches. I'm thinking there is at least a 100% markup on those things.

Latest posts

Back