22 Channel GSSL...FINISHED w/pics!!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regularjohn

So here it is...22 channels of GSSL - 20 mono channels and 1 stereo channel.  With 22 ten segment LED picometers (I was the reason they sold out...sorry guys!)  PSU is a Power One HDD-15-5A that was modified to go up to nearly +/-19V with the help of Matt Syson (thanks Matt!).  I ran the power rails straight thru the boards like shishkebobs, and used 5 ohm fusing resistors (where the diode bridge rectifier normally goes) for a little channel seperation.  Even though the Power One is ultra regulated, I still left the onboard regs there for local regulation. 
The stereo channel sports the all new Rev 3 Crush and Blend board hand etched by Lukas himself (thanks Lukas!).  This beast was built for a new studio opening in Scotland called, TAPE.  Hence the custom engraving, which is their actual logo (notice the cassette teeth in the A and P!).  Colors were chosen by the studio's head engineer, Stephen.  His exact words were, "I want it to look like Roland gear from the 80's."
I had to do alot of re-routing due to the panel mount switches and dual pots.  Many of the "lettered" connections were wired direct, rather than from the motherboard to the control board and then to the respective switch.  I can scan the diagram I drew out if anyone's interested.  The dual concentric 50K mini pots were from guitarfetish.com - threshold on the bottom, output on top.  I used SP3T's for the ratios, DP3T on the stereo channel.  The stereo channel is actually an Ultimate GSSL, which I did so that I could have 2 meters.  
FullFrontal.jpg

Frontclose.jpg

All3internals.jpg

Internalpcbs.jpg

CNB.jpg

WithLEDs2.jpg

WithLEDs1.jpg

rearnopower.jpg

22channels.jpg

:eek:
I almost have no words to describe that... I think you'll should build another comp only in your next life... you're all set for this one :)
Cheers!!!

Eddie :)

That's really cool, I'm jaleous  ;D

If you can post the diagram you drew it would be a very nice information for us.

Congrats

Do you though about adding turbo boards for all of them?
I love my GSSL with the turbo board! never get my switch position to the "normal" again ;)
Congrats for the build!

Eddie :)

Thanks guys!  Haha, I had a feeling this beast would get that kind of reaction! 

Nadege said:
If you can post the diagram you drew it would be a very nice information for us.
Congrats

I'll go ahead and scan the diagram and post it later today

SaMpLeGoD said:
Do you though about adding turbo boards for all of them?

There's no need to add turbo boards to the mono channels, since they are mono there's no summing happening.  Also the stereo channel is an Ultimate GSSL, which was Keith's predecessor to the turbo - here's the link for more info on that: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=18017.0

Latest posts

Back