Problem with velleman hand held scope

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

I have a Velleman HPS 10 handheld scope, that has proved invaluable when I'm out on the road, but it has developed a fault.  I've emailed Velleman support 4 times now & they have proved to be worse than useless, having never replied at all.

The problem is that when I switch the scope on, it boots up as normal, & then the display just goes blank.  Initially I thought this was just duff batteries, but I have tried 4 sets of batteries, & it behaves the same.  I reset the scope too.  I opened the unit up & can't see anything looking suspicious.

Just wondering whether anyone has any ideas on hwta the problem might be  ??  I really want to get this working because it's so useful.

Got that one too (love it). Have you tried hitting the memory button once it's started up?

I had noticed that it starts up into "last-seen-on-screen-mode" and just sits there frozen
until you tell it to get moving.

If I get this right, you get the "Here cool scope with 15 min auto timer" splash screen and
then just zilch, right?

EDIT: Ah bs scratch that, you've been using it and had it working. Ok, well then...

livingnote said:
If I get this right, you get the "Here cool scope with 15 min auto timer" splash screen and
then just zilch, right?

That's what happens. 

I tried your suggestion, but all it seemed to do was turn the 15 min auto timer "off", but thatnks for the thought.
I think that the scope is still booted up, it's just that the display goes blank.  The reason being that I have to press the on button twice to get it to reboot.  i.e the 1st press switches the unit off.

I just got it to work again, don't ask me what I did ?  I pressed some random buttons ending with the one above the on off button.  When I go into the "display" menu , the display is ticked as manual, could you check & see if yours in in that mode ??

Latest posts

Back