"500" Graphic EQ ( ie.. API, Purple Tav.)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snatchman

Hello.. I searched and either overlooked, or there's not any... ;D.. Anyone here designed a kit for this style of graphic EQ in the 500 format..?.. Thanks... 8)

phew... That would be absolutely awesome. There is not a kit that i know of, and i presume the little slide potentiometers would be difficult to source. Check out the sphere 900 series and the electrodyne graphic eqs that precede those (there are schematics for the sphere around) The TAV seems to be based more on the sphere, as it uses inductors for the filters and the 560 uses chips. The TAV is also transformer balanced in and out - the 560 is transformerless and I believe some of the spheres had transformer outs, but that I'm not sure about. At any rate, these have to be some of the coolest equalizers out there. The TAV looks fantastic and what I wouldn't give for a sphere console filled with 900 eqs...
Best, Ben

plumsolly said:
phew... That would be absolutely awesome. There is not a kit that i know of, and i presume the little slide potentiometers would be difficult to source. Check out the sphere 900 series and the electrodyne graphic eqs that precede those (there are schematics for the sphere around) The TAV seems to be based more on the sphere, as it uses inductors for the filters and the 560 uses chips. The TAV is also transformer balanced in and out - the 560 is transformerless and I believe some of the spheres had transformer outs, but that I'm not sure about. At any rate, these have to be some of the coolest equalizers out there. The TAV looks fantastic and what I wouldn't give for a sphere console filled with 900 eqs...
Best, Ben
Hey Ben.. Thanks for your reply..Yeah, I would be nice to have a pair of these.. I looked at the Tav and it seems to be a good piece..Anyone else has input about these Eqs..?

Our very own Ed Anderson designed the TAV for Purple. I know he said some of the inductors are custom. It sure would be great to have a kit form of the TAV around. I'm pretty sure that will not be happening though... :'(

Back