I'm bored, anybody want to come record this afternoon or need a free tech monkey

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrclunk

Bunch of multicore was suppose to turn up this morning but didn't. Now i have nowt to do.

Have seached the ebay.
cruised Prodigy pro
Giggled at B3ta.com

Yawn Yawn Yawn
:(

You having a laugh, it's october in England!
However its an ok day, could go get a paper and sit in the park i suppose.

currently i've resorted to cleaning between the knobs and switches on our desk with cotton buds.

That's a fun job !!
Clean your ears while you have the "buds" out !! 

Its quite calming actually.
Run out of buds, so no lovely ear bogeys to inspect. :-\

Things are looking up tho.
Just won
Troubleshooting Analog Circuits by Robert A Pease

for £0.55 on e8ay.  ;D

and i think i've fixed an old BEL Flanger that's been bust for years.
Still some funny noises on the output but at least its passing audio now.

and fixed a knackered 414B-uls this morning.
So for a non-day its turned out quite productive!

MartyMart said:
Clean your ears while you have the "buds" out !!   

No no no!

Just had to go for an ear syringing because I also do this and the nurse said cotton buds actually push the wax further in!

Olive oil is the only thing you should ever put in your ears at home to help soften up the wax and let it drain away naturally.

Sorry for the OT but I thought I'd mention it... ;)

Jest ye go for an Ear Candling for thy and thine!  Then thou Yuk-est more.
Those jammys get out the gunk! 
Ass-side, even in the muck and mist I loved a walk in the UK!  The grass was always greener.  But then I was in Cambs. . .  My special place was a field of hay that had a gerry-bomb crater in the middle of it.  More than ponderous for a North-of-Philly hick such as myself.

Mike

I hope you jest about ear candling, Mike. It's absolutely lethal and can impair your hearing for life. In fact, selling ear candles is illegal in Canada for this reason. Try a Google - it'll shock you.

Taken from http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract;jsessionid=F762362082DD3DBD10EB76A176AB2385.tomcat1?fromPage=online&aid=403194

Abstract

Ear candles are hollow tubes coated in wax which are inserted into patients’ ears and then lit at the far end. The procedure is used as a complementary therapy for a wide range of conditions. A critical assessment of the evidence shows that its mode of action is implausible and demonstrably wrong. There are no data to suggest that it is effective for any condition. Furthermore, ear candles havebeen associated with ear injuries. The inescapable conclusion is that ear candles do more harm than good. Their use should be discouraged.

You have been warned!

Justin

Back